Re: Bad Railroad Bridges? All good points Greg...
Author: CCTGM
Date: 03-12-2021 - 11:28

This is a very old report and the Baykeeper organization nor the News source are qualified to inspect bridges. Every railroads I have worked and when I managed railroads I made sure we had a comprehensive bridge inspection and maintenance programs. I went out in the field many times to look at the bridges and we had a bridge engineer inspect all bridges yearly and if we noted a problem we had the engineer back to review our findings , Track inspectors looked at every bridge once a week during track inspections and train crews had instructions on what to look for or feel on a bridge so they could also report any issues

The FRA bridge folks and the common sense they use is a refreshing part of the FRA and they are willing to help Shortline with free training.

On another note California CPUC now have I think 3 bridge inspectors , they all came from CALTRANS the highway side and know nothing about railroad bridges and the design of a wood railroad bridge which is a breathing loving thing as a train passes over it and on an inspection. I went out on with one of them he did not understand the dynamics of a wood bridge
So lots of so-called Experts out there in the environmental justice community would like to see the railroads go away and try and find a CAUSE and many news agencies who look for a story that is not there. Sorry for the rant at the end

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Bad Railroad Bridges ron 03-12-2021 - 01:19
  Re: Bad Railroad Bridges Load Binder 03-12-2021 - 06:37
  Re: Bad Railroad Bridges? Never any problems like this, right? BOB2 03-12-2021 - 08:41
  Re: Bad Railroad Bridges? And, for those who like facts.... BOB2 03-12-2021 - 08:49
  Re: Bad Railroad Bridges? And, for those who like facts.... M. Harris 03-12-2021 - 09:00
  Re: Bad Railroad Bridges? Never any problems like this, right? Greg Hall 03-12-2021 - 09:03
  Re: Bad Railroad Bridges? All good points Greg... BOB2 03-12-2021 - 09:44
  Re: Bad Railroad Bridges? All good points Greg... * 03-12-2021 - 11:21
  Re: Bad Railroad Bridges? All good points Greg... * 03-12-2021 - 11:22
  Re: Bad Railroad Bridges? All good points Greg... * 03-12-2021 - 11:23
  Re: Bad Railroad Bridges? Actually the FRA does have a role in protecting the public, and an example for why...... BOB2 03-12-2021 - 12:35
  Re: Bad Railroad Bridges? All good points Greg... CCTGM 03-12-2021 - 11:28
  Re: Bad Railroad Bridges? Never any problems like this, right? FUD 03-12-2021 - 09:47
  "Bridge Inspection" at AP WebDigger 03-12-2021 - 11:01
  BART has really good bridges rapid transient 03-12-2021 - 21:16

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com