Re: J Mann good observation.... imagine if CAHSRA was building Brightline, what would Clem's excuse would be?
Author: BOB2
Date: 05-03-2021 - 17:07

J Mann Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the video they show off the "Hanford Viaduct".
> It is a bridge through farmland. Why a bridge?
> Why not a fill like how any other transportation
> project would be done? I watched the Brightline
> project videos last week and it seems that CAHSR
> could take a lesson on how to build a rail line
> from them. I wonder how many bridges have been
> built on this project that could have been of
> shorter length cutting millions of dollars out of
> the overall cost.

If the CAHSRA had done the 580 grade separation project that Brightline did in Florida, it would be a viaduct 4 miles long, over the freeway, that would require three times as manny pilings as normal, costing three or four hundred million dollars.

But then, we'd be having Clem on AP telling us that this is because Florida is built on limestone deposits, and can have sinkholes, as the excuse....

I've worked on plenty of freeway and transit projects in earthquake country, and with serious liquifaction issues, and it is expensive, but this excuse, in this case, is just more bullshit..... Proper ROW preparation can be used in such circumstances at a fraction of the cost of this gold plated cluster-f@@k....

Like the cluster-f@@k in Honolulu, the CHSAR fiasco is another of the people who stand to benefit writing their own ticket at the taxpayers expense, with no effective public oversight by our Governor, nor, so far, the State Legislature...

It's nice to hear from Clem again, though... I love to hear his interesting defenses/excuses of/for this obscene taxpayerR financed CAHSRA disaster in the Valley.....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Your Tax Dollars At Work??? And, lobbying for Federal funds with taxpayer money? BOB2 05-02-2021 - 15:13
  Thanks Bob bigBobfan 05-02-2021 - 15:50
  Re: Your Tax Dollars At Work??? And, lobbying for Federal funds with taxpayer money? Clem 05-02-2021 - 21:08
  Re: Your Tax Dollars At Work??? And, lobbying for Federal funds with taxpayer money? J Mann 05-03-2021 - 09:34
  Why a 'duct Commenter 05-03-2021 - 10:18
  Re: Why a 'duct JJJ 05-03-2021 - 11:07
  Re: Why a 'duct FUD 05-03-2021 - 20:33
  Re: J Mann good observation.... imagine if CAHSRA was building Brightline, what would Clem's excuse would be? BOB2 05-03-2021 - 17:07
  Re: J Mann good observation.... imagine if CAHSRA was building Brightline, what would Clem's excuse would be? Clem 05-03-2021 - 18:10
  Reimagine if Brightline was building the CAHSRA segment from Burbank to Palmdale?, and I am being too hard on Clem... BOB2 05-03-2021 - 18:42
  Re: Reimagine if Brightline was building the CAHSRA segment from Burbank to Palmdale?, and I am being too hard on Clem... III 05-04-2021 - 11:40
  Re: Reimagine if Brightline was building the CAHSRA segment from Burbank to Palmdale?, and I am being too hard on Clem... *** 05-04-2021 - 13:39
  Reimagine if Brightline was building the CAHSRA segment Wasco Chowchilla for Amtrak PropPitPimp 05-04-2021 - 14:40
  Freight on HSR tracks: a dumb idea Clem 05-04-2021 - 22:19
  Re: Freight on HSR tracks: a dumb idea III 05-05-2021 - 11:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com