Re: Ballard Terminal to be sued by "bike law attorney"
Author: relentlesscactus
Date: 12-18-2021 - 08:16

Staged? Maybe. I've crashed twice on railroad tracks . . . the first, diagonal spur crossing road 40 years ago was the "life lesson". It's real easy to misjudge and you can take a fairly sharp angle and still have the flange groove catch the tire. The second time a few years back - well, that was the 'stupid should hurt' moment where I laughed at myself not having remembered the first life lesson. Proper markings are important so bikes are shown to cross at 90°. There have been concussions, even some deaths from bicyclists hitting tracks wrong. It's no joke. Friends live by abandoned OT line in Oakland and bikes crash regularly even with markings, one they aren't sure made it. Yeah lawyers can suck, and I wonder if they are really needing more markings as there are limits. Anyone who wants to remove the tracks deserves to crash on them, and the idea of moving the bike route two blocks inland is nuts, as of course people go where they go so that will just mean the route on Shishol stays dangerous with an unused 'official' route two blocks in. Rails and trails can coexist, if everyone would stop looking for perfection driven by lawyers.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Ballard Terminal to be sued by "bike law attorney" Beaver Cleaver 12-17-2021 - 18:23
  Re: Ballard Terminal to be sued by "bike law attorney" Dan 12-17-2021 - 22:11
  Re: Ballard Terminal to be sued by "bike law attorney" Not Brian and his gang of loonies 12-17-2021 - 23:13
  Re: Ballard Terminal to be sued by "bike law attorney" relentlesscactus 12-18-2021 - 08:16
  Re: Ballard Terminal to be sued by "bike law attorney" Gilbert Bates 12-18-2021 - 07:27
  Re: Ballard Terminal to be sued by "bike law attorney" George Andrews 12-18-2021 - 10:49
  Re: Ballard Terminal to be sued by "bike law attorney" Arlen Sheldrake 12-18-2021 - 19:14
  Re: Ballard Terminal to be sued by "bike law attorney" Wally Cleaver 12-18-2021 - 22:14
  Re: Ballard Terminal to be sued by "bike law attorney" Gilbert Bates. 12-19-2021 - 07:07
  Re: Ballard Terminal to be sued by "bike law attorney" Cruciferous Vegetable 12-18-2021 - 22:38

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com