Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-first InstallmentRGZ!!
Author: Peter D.
Date: 04-27-2022 - 16:33

WOW! How cool is that then? Where do I start? I left Sacramento evening of the 10th. Spirit of California to L.A., then up to Salt Lake on the Pioneer(think it was) 5:30am drop off, 12th April, at the U.P depot, time to take some pictures inside then walked down to the D&RG depot. Never went inside as I spent the rest of the time taking photos of the train. Ok. Gonna have you go here... I don't know how to link... (google) type in The Photographers Railroad Page
Hopefully you'll see, Photographers Railroad Page-Lightsorce/Photography Click on that. Takes you to the front page, scroll down to the bottom, click on Archives locate 2007 Last Train to Salt Lake City and 2008 Rio Grande Day

As far as Thistle went, few of us were just finishing up dinner when they let us depart the diner to stand in open vestables as we tiptoed through the BIG puddle. Couldn't see the track, watching the water splash against the trucks, lights and trucks, earthmovers hard hatted men standing around in the pouring rain, found track again, we all returned to the diner to finish up.

When I called to get a ticket, agent said it was sold out(I could understand that being the last month of operation) but I pressed him and said I'm only going to Grand Junction. Oh! Plenty of space. It's sold out from Glenwood Springs to Denver. Here you go!

One other interesting note... book, called 'Jewel of the Wasatch' by Chuck Conway copyright 2019 White River Publishing, page 54, dated, March 31st, shows the train in the same spot that my on board picture was shot, as the mound of earth to the right of the enigines is viible in both photos....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-first Installment D. B. Arthur 04-24-2022 - 19:11
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-first Installment AZebra 04-24-2022 - 21:40
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-first Installment D. B. Arthur 04-24-2022 - 21:53
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-first Installment pueblo 04-25-2022 - 09:49
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-first Installment OPRRMS 04-25-2022 - 10:34
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-first Installment Peter D. 04-26-2022 - 14:14
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-first Installment D. B. Arthur 04-26-2022 - 19:18
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-first Installment George Andrews 04-26-2022 - 20:35
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-first InstallmentRGZ!! Peter D. 04-27-2022 - 16:33
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-first InstallmentRGZ!! Peter D. 04-27-2022 - 16:57
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-first InstallmentRGZ!! George Andrews 04-27-2022 - 18:20
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-first InstallmentRGZ!! Peter D. 04-27-2022 - 23:35
  Here's the links D. B. Arthur 04-28-2022 - 00:08
  Re: Here's the links Peter D. 04-28-2022 - 08:49
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-first Installment Don B. 05-01-2022 - 22:23
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Forty-first Installment D. B. Arthur 05-04-2022 - 21:41

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com