Re: Trains hitting police cars..... Your repressed troll Nancy at work.....
Author: Don't go away mad
Date: 06-23-2022 - 21:25

Bill Root Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No not me - that's as dumb as the earlier posts on
> this thread. Operating a train is not the same as
> operating a motor vehicle within the perimeters of
> the the California Vehicle code (Or probably any
> other state). I really don't believe any police
> officer would ever propose or attempt such a
> practice. I think with all the total ignorance
> displayed on this thread, I'm done with it.

Believe anything you want.

One of the most famous incidents of ICS (Idiot Cop Syndrome) involved an SP freight train at Gilroy, California. Cops demanded the engineer produce his CDL He refused. So they arrested him and took him to the local jail. Without the engineer the train didn't move, blocking multiple crossings and effectively cutting the town in two. After standing around for an hour with their heads up their collective asses, they told the head brakeman to move the train, which he (correctly) told them he wasn't qualified to do. Then they ordered him to. Still no movement. After awhile, a railroad operating officer showed up, the cops ordered him to move it, but he was unable to find the reverse lever. By and by, a CHP supervisor showed up and explained to the local cops the error of their ways in no uncertain terms, and after another lengthy delay the railroad operating officer was allowed to go to 'spring' the engineer from jail, and the train finally departed after a several hour delay. When asked later how he felt about being arrested and taken to jail, the engineer's reply was, "It was fine with me. I was still on the clock."

During my career, I had a number of bizarre encounters with cops while at work, but none as bizarre as the famous 'Gilroy Incident'.

There sure seem to be a lot of "Barney Fife's" in law enforcement.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Trains hitting police cars Flashing Lights 06-23-2022 - 00:22
  Re: Trains hitting police cars, Your Tax Dollars At Work ,. 06-23-2022 - 06:05
  Re: Trains hitting police cars..... Your repressed troll Nancy at work..... BOB2 06-23-2022 - 06:44
  Re: Trains hitting police cars..... Your repressed troll Nancy at work..... Dr Zarkoff 06-23-2022 - 13:55
  Re: Trains hitting police cars..... Your repressed troll Nancy at work..... Bill Root 06-23-2022 - 15:15
  Re: Trains hitting police cars..... Your repressed troll Nancy at work..... Dr Zarkoff 06-23-2022 - 18:39
  Re: Trains hitting police cars..... Your repressed troll Nancy at work..... Bill Root 06-23-2022 - 20:05
  Re: Trains hitting police cars..... Your repressed troll Nancy at work..... How many engineers have you arrested? 06-23-2022 - 20:32
  Re: Trains hitting police cars..... Your repressed troll Nancy at work..... Bill Root 06-23-2022 - 20:43
  Re: Trains hitting police cars..... Your repressed troll Nancy at work..... Dr Zarkoff 06-23-2022 - 21:15
  Re: Trains hitting police cars..... Your repressed troll Nancy at work..... Don't go away mad 06-23-2022 - 21:25
  Re: Trains hitting police cars..... Your repressed troll Nancy at work..... Don't go away at all! 06-24-2022 - 05:37
  The 80s Burbank incident EX-commuter conductor 06-24-2022 - 07:11
  Re: I had a cop like that once, until his supervisor showed up.... BOB2 06-24-2022 - 08:28
  Re: I had a cop like that once, until his supervisor showed up.... Dr Zarkoff 06-24-2022 - 12:20
  Re: I had a cop like that once, until his supervisor showed up.... Not Nancy 06-25-2022 - 03:51
  Re Oh poor little Nancy, it's all right....... BOB2 06-25-2022 - 04:59
  Re: Trains hitting police cars..... Your repressed troll Nancy at work..... Question for Bill Root 06-24-2022 - 09:23
  Re: Trains hitting police cars..... Your repressed troll Nancy at work..... Ghost of E.H. Harriman 06-24-2022 - 21:21
  letting their vehicles waste fuel idling for many many hours ($7 a gallon) :0 06-24-2022 - 06:48
  Re: letting their vehicles waste fuel idling for many many hours ($7 a gallon) Joe Saturday 06-25-2022 - 03:55
  Re: letting their vehicles waste fuel idling for many many hours ($7 a gallon)- Oh Nancy....? BOB2 06-25-2022 - 05:05

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com