Re: Where You Working At West Colton When This Happened? Nope, but I had worked for Pinky and his dad....
Author: BOB2
Date: 10-22-2022 - 09:59

SP LA 17 and a half Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And the guy's initials are "O.J."
>
> [i.ibb.co]
> .jpg
>
> [i.ibb.co]
> .jpg
>
> [i.ibb.co]
> .jpg

I worked under Pinky a couple of times on the West Colton pull downs. Pinky was nuts and a complete jerk. I worked with Pinky's dad, also a yardmaster, who was a nice guy, who was not on good terms with his son, many times in LA.

Pinky was such a petty and vindictive jerk, that the unions had written up many of the instances of his abuse of subordinate employee's, including ordering them to do unsafe moves...

IIRC Pinky's own family even sued the SP for negligence in not removing him from job, before someone finally snapped and killed him.

West Colton was a terrible place to work, Pinky just made it so much worse. This guy finished his miserable shift with Pinky steaming, and the way I heard it was he polished off a half a bottle, snapped completely, got his gun out of the glove compartment, and shot Pinky.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Here's A Good Aerial Photo of UP's L.A. Transportation Center (a.k.a. "The Shops") Chuck Martin & P.T. Moore 10-20-2022 - 08:57
  Re: Here's A Good Aerial Photo of UP's L.A. Transportation Center (a.k.a. "The Shops") BOB2 10-20-2022 - 11:12
  Re: Here's A Good Aerial Photo of UP's L.A. Transportation Center (a.k.a. "The Shops") D. B. Arthur 10-20-2022 - 22:34
  Re: "The Shops" -? I worked for Stormin Norman, Ralph, the Rug Peddler, and even the "evil twin".... BOB2 10-21-2022 - 04:01
  Re: "The Shops" -? I worked for Stormin Norman, Ralph, the Rug Peddler, and even the "evil twin".... D. B. Arthur 10-21-2022 - 10:03
  Re: "The Shops" -? I worked for Stormin Norman, Ralph, the Rug Peddler, and even the "evil twin".... Tom H 10-21-2022 - 13:29
  Re: "The Shops" -? GVD kept LA open a lot longer, and a hell of a lot folk working by moving more cars BOB2 10-21-2022 - 15:09
  Where You Working At West Colton When This Happened? SP LA 17 and a half 10-22-2022 - 06:19
  Re: Where You Working At West Colton When This Happened? Nope, but I had worked for Pinky and his dad.... BOB2 10-22-2022 - 09:59
  Re: Back to The Photo... Just Sayin'... 10-24-2022 - 19:12

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com