Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-fifth Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 11-22-2022 - 17:49

Here's a photo I took on August 26, 1976, FORTY-SIX YEARS AGO, when I made a one-week trip to British Columbia and Alberta.

As seen from the northbound Caribou Dayliner, here's the train running along the shore of Seton Lake on the last few miles into Lillooet. The railroad serves a very isolated area between D'Arcy (MP 123.7) and Lillooet (MP 157.6) along Anderson and Seton Lakes and, even though the Caribou Dayliner has been discontinued, I believe this 34 mile stretch of track continues to have passenger service for the local residents of the hamlets of D'Arcy, Ponderosa, McGillivray Falls, Marne, Curries, Seton Portage, South Shalalth and Shalalth. In recent years I think they've been using some sort of bus-on-train-wheels. Years ago, a derailment caused a BCOL freight unit to go into the lake and a team of divers later fished it out using inflatable balloons--primarily to see if they could do it.

If you want to live in a place that's off-the-beaten-path, the region along these twin lakes would be a good place. Highway access is very limited.

https://i.ibb.co/88bLY98/19760826-013-012.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-fifth Installment D. B. Arthur 11-22-2022 - 17:49
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-fifth Installment Peter D. 11-23-2022 - 10:48
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-fifth Installment D. B. Arthur 11-23-2022 - 14:05
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-fifth Installment GRD 11-23-2022 - 18:23
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-fifth Installment D. B. Arthur 11-23-2022 - 22:36
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-fifth Installment Visitor 11-26-2022 - 22:34

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com