Re: Your photo and links do not prove anything
Author:
Date: 02-05-2023 - 13:36

cz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I rode cross country (LD) trains back in the 90s, a large percentage of on-board crews were Afro-American men. I remember one trip in 1990, an annoying old passenger from Mississippi who was at my dining table told me I had tipped the dining car crew too much. The crew appreciated it, though, and showed me their appreciation the next time. I remember those crews for how warm and friendly they were. That's thirty-three years ago now, so all are retired or passed on.

Besides the time-factor advantage, one of the ways the commercial airlines stole away all of the traveling businessmen and salesmen from the railroads in the 1950s and 60s was by employing attractive, single and available female flight attendants. The railroads were offering old, African-American males, some of whom had bad attitudes because they could see their livlihoods slipping away. Managements like at the SP looked the other way when the complaint letters came in regarding these employees.

James Bistline, who was in Southern Railway's legal department and was heavily involved in the steam program, was married to a former flight attendant for, I believe, Eastern Airlines. It's probably safe to assume he did not meet her on the Carolina Special or Royal Palm.

There are a lot of on-board service people at Amtrak who remind me of the "Lyle Billup" character from Saturday Night Live:

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-1bd8c2bb06b225c2dee79326f8599d5c-lq

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Who's Logged More Miles? Joe Biden or The Million Mile Man From Santa Ana? 02-04-2023 - 15:41
  Your mom, that's who Mark Dice Clay 02-04-2023 - 17:02
  Re: Your mom, that's who Amtrak pedomiles rewards program 02-04-2023 - 18:24
  Re: Your mom, that's who 02-04-2023 - 20:59
  Your photo and links do not prove anything A Cardinal Rule 02-05-2023 - 10:28
  Re: Your photo and links do not prove anything 02-05-2023 - 12:12
  Re: Your photo and links do not prove anything cz 02-05-2023 - 12:37
  Re: Your photo and links do not prove anything 02-05-2023 - 13:36
  Re: Your photo and links do not prove anything A Cardinal rule 02-05-2023 - 17:52
  Re: Your photo and links do not prove anything 02-05-2023 - 22:45
  Re: Your photo and links do not prove anything A Cardinal Rule 02-08-2023 - 19:14
  Re: Your photo and links do not prove anything 02-13-2023 - 21:45

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com