Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-ninety-eighth Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 02-09-2023 - 11:21

In my previous post I mentioned riding a couple of excursions sponsored by the Pacific Southwest Railway Museum Association (PSRMA) that ran from from Mexicali, B.C. to Puerto Penasco, Sonora on the Sonora-Baja California Railroad in the late 1970s. At the time, Puerto Penasco was just a sleepy little fishing village on the Gulf of California. It has since grown into a significant resort city, primarily catering to Arizona residents due to easy access for them, complete with high rise hotels and commercial air service.

Here's a photo that was taken on November 04, 1978, FORTY-FIVE YEARS AGO, of one of those excursion trains laying over at Puerto Penasco while the passengers were exploring the town. Since this photo was taken, the Sonora-Baja California railroad was absorbed into the National Railways of Mexico, and that railroad was later privatized and divided up into several pieces that have been operated for about twenty-five years under a handful of concessionaires. This particular stretch of railroad is now operated by FerroMex.

https://i.ibb.co/VBz7PBJ/19781104-012.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-ninety-eighth Installment D. B. Arthur 02-09-2023 - 11:21
  Longtime Friends D. B. Arthur 02-09-2023 - 11:25
  Re: Longtime Friends George Andrews 02-09-2023 - 17:20
  Time Flies D. B. Arthur 02-09-2023 - 11:27
  Roughing It on a Tren de Carga D. B. Arthur 02-09-2023 - 11:41
  Re: Roughing It on a Tren de Carga Tom H 02-09-2023 - 19:27
  Re: Roughing It on a Tren de Carga D. B. Arthur 02-09-2023 - 22:17

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com