Re: Bob2. Train to Chico? I assume you mean in the daytime?
Author: BOB2
Date: 12-18-2023 - 13:03

Joe Cullum Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bob,
>
> I thought the Chico extension was going to be a
> couple of San Joaquins (the ones that run from
> Stockton to Sacramento via Lodi.
>
> Exeter Joe
>

Over the last 25 years there have probably been forty variations proposed, so this is another one that makes some good sense, with the likley very limited near term resources to get something going. It's good for the connectivity down the valley, and acceptable, with a transfer to relatively high frequency service to the Bay area at SAC.

Ideally, if ACE's plan ever came about (Plan B for the HSR mess between Chowchilla and SF/SAC connection, and to SAC and up the old SN to Chico...) would be able run direct trains from Chico to Bakerfield, and to the Bay Area... A first world schedule of serices (12 to 16 deparures daily) from Chico directly serving both alignments would be warranted based on the population and our current data and on years of experience with existing rail travel "markets", on service levels and connectivity from the San Joaquin's and Capitol's.

The UP is, for the near term, the only alternative to get to Chico, and as always, the main issue will be the UP...

My New Years wishlist has become more limited these days, based on our recent experiences with the state of our rail passenger services in California... I just hope we can actually keep the second most utilized intercity rail corridor in America, LOSSAN, open and operating through the winter rains...

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Bob2. Train to Chico? El Gringo 12-18-2023 - 00:11
  Re: Bob2. Train to Chico? I assume you mean in the daytime? BOB2 12-18-2023 - 08:42
  Re: Bob2. Train to Chico? I assume you mean in the daytime? Joe Cullum 12-18-2023 - 12:35
  Commuter train to connect Chico to Sacramento in the works Commenter 12-18-2023 - 12:50
  Re: Bob2. Train to Chico? I assume you mean in the daytime? BOB2 12-18-2023 - 13:03
  Connection issues for Chico The Man 12-18-2023 - 14:04
  Re: Connection issues for Chico El gringo 12-19-2023 - 00:28

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com