Re: Train count on the UP Donner line and Denver Mainline
Author: Mr. Know-It-All
Date: 12-28-2023 - 09:08

The railroads have pretty much handed the perishable business over to trucks, the automobile assembly plants and canneries in NorCal that used to generate a lot of rail traffic are pretty much gone, there's a port in San Francisco but it's hard to tell, and Oakland is not as big of a player as some of the other west coast ports. The ports in Stockton and Sacramento don't amount to much. The high tech industries in the Silicon Valley ship stuff in FedEx and UPS envelopes.

I wonder how long it will be before the ex-WP between Keddie and Weso is downgraded or spun off. Donner Pass could easily handle all the traffic of both lines.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Train count on the UP Donner line and Denver Mainline Ed Rodriguez 12-27-2023 - 20:03
  Re: Train count on the UP Donner line and Denver Mainline John 12-28-2023 - 08:46
  Re: Train count on the UP Donner line and Denver Mainline Mr. Know-It-All 12-28-2023 - 09:08
  Re: Train count on the UP Donner line and Denver Mainline Dave 12-28-2023 - 10:43
  Re: Train count on the UP Donner line and Denver Mainline Mr. Know-It-All 12-28-2023 - 10:54
  I must disagree with Mr. PHall/Blahblahwanna/LongLiveSP/pdt Too much doom-n-glooming 12-28-2023 - 12:17
  Re: I must disagree with Mr. PHall/Blahblahwanna/LongLiveSP/pdt ArmchairQBawanna 12-28-2023 - 12:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com