Re: Not light rail, and made it home safely on free train day.....
Author: BOB2
Date: 04-23-2024 - 00:58

Don't commit your crimes at a Metro Station, even it is actually at the Subway station at Universal City, and not the light rail. And, with the dozen cameras that are watching you. Of course, if you read the real story, Perp caught right away, like all of the one's from last year that was caught in less than 24 hours.

There was a large fairly large LAPD presence on the Subway at McCarthur Park, when I went to Langer's for lunch today, pastrami and a matzo ball soup... But, I was only offered weed to buy from one person while going to and from the Station... A far cry from my memories of the mid nineties... I guess that maybe with legalization, the demand for illegal weed is down quite a bit, even at McCarthur Park....

The number of the outright riff raff, the homeless, and of the untreated mentally ill is down significantly from my trip last free train day in May of last year. And from the levels of chaos on MTA during Covid (when there was no virtually no MTA enforcement to speak of...). Today, as opposed to train day last year (when I say zero cops on the trains or in stations), I saw dozens of LAPD and Sheriff's, and dozens of MTA Ambassadors, all actively patrolling on trains and in stations.

I attribute these positive changes mainly to the fact that there are a lot more "real" cops, MTA security, and the new roving patrols of unarmed MTA "ambassadors", equipped with communications to record and report problems "on-board trains and in stations. All of whom have done a fairly good job of reporting problemed individuals, and restoring a sense of order, that was clearly lacking during Covid.

There are some folks who don't know the difference between the light rail and the subway seem to post fearful scary stories and their special personal "memes" about this sort of thing, with all kinds of conspiracy theories to explain these incidents.

MTA has had some real problems (like the attack on a bus driver earlier this month). This is apparently the first homocide this year on the Metro (it does help to read the actual story...), and hopefully the last for this year. Which is why MTA still has a lot of work to do.

MTA is making the Ambassador program permanent. MTA finally renewed it's Sheriff's contract with a new and proactive Sheriff, and n also considering bringing back the full time "sworn" professiomal full time transit police force, that the old SCRTD once had.

I made it back home, safe and sound, from my lunch at Langer's, and a side trip to Santa Monica...

Meanwhile, on the list of things that still need fixing are the long headways (longer waits on the Goldline that when it opened in 2003), and unecessary travel delays from badly integrated traffic signals on the Expo line.

MTA really needs to work on giving priority to the trains, after losing over ten minutes in running time on unnecessary traffic signal delays on the Expo line just between SM and Washington Blvd. And then, having the A train "stop" at Union Station, before continuing on to Pasadena, for an additional 6 minutes of unnecessary delay, for no good reason at all...

Maybe MTA thinks that all through LRT trains should be delayed for six minute at Union Station, so the LRT's can visit with ML and Amtrak Thomas?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Another stabbing on LA Lightrail, Another long term shutdown SMFH! 04-22-2024 - 12:51
  The Democrats War on Safe Society continues to pile up their body count Another murder 04-22-2024 - 14:21
  Re: The Democrats War on Safe Society continues to pile up their body count Fraidy Cat 04-22-2024 - 15:30
  Re: Another stabbing on LA Lightrail, Another long term shutdown Reading is fundamental 04-22-2024 - 15:23
  Re: Train horn guy . 04-22-2024 - 20:03
  Re: Not light rail, and made it home safely on free train day..... BOB2 04-23-2024 - 00:58
  "She may be dead but they caught the perp so your fear of crime is a conspiracy theory!" Revolving door until murder 04-23-2024 - 10:23
  Re: It's actually a terrible tragedy.... That you seem mostly to be using to spread your usual memes... BOB2 04-23-2024 - 10:55
  Memes? I didn't make the original post. But this murder was likely prevented if not for a clear cause and effect connection that can be changed...and you're the one using it for your Look how safe it is I didn't get killed today meme I want changes that will save lives 04-27-2024 - 16:36
  Re: Memes? I didn't make the original post. But this murder was likely prevented if not for a clear cause and effect connection that can be changed...and you're the one using it for your Look how safe it is I didn't get killed today meme Catchy news phrase 04-27-2024 - 18:21

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com