Re: St. Maries River Railroad - first time visitor
Author: Bruce Kelly
Date: 07-22-2009 - 08:03

They were still running to Regulus Stud (now owned by Stimson) last summer, but Regulus and the plywood segment of the Potlatch mill were closed and/or scaled back over the winter and early spring. I've een too busy at work to carve out some time to get down there this year (did manage a day on POVA last week) but I do pick up STMA radio chatter on my way to and from work.

Hope the hazy sky hasn't hampered your visit. We often get that from late July into August due to wildfires and routine field burning, but this stuff blowing in from B.C. is something else. At least you're getting our typical summer sunshine and warm temps.

Where are you staying around CdA, and for how much longer? BNSF's CdA Local usually hits the branch between 7am and 10am. Doesn't really get to CdA anymore, tons of empties stored there. But you can catch him working the Potlatch particle board mill in Post Falls, and possibly the Idaho Veneer mill (rarely ships anymore) and plastic pellet spur in Post Falls. You already know about the main line action nearby, and the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes along the south end of the lake.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  St. Maries River Railroad - first time visitor Robert W. Scott 07-21-2009 - 21:41
  Re: St. Maries River Railroad - first time visitor Bruce Kelly 07-22-2009 - 08:03
  Re: St. Maries River Railroad - first time visitor Robert W. Scott 07-22-2009 - 08:45
  Re: St. Maries River Railroad - first time visitor Bruce Kelly 07-22-2009 - 12:16

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com