Re: Coos Bay, Oregon line
Author: LPNGANDY
Date: 11-18-2009 - 05:02

Thanks for the info. I guess I need to drive out that way, and look around. I used to live in Vaughn, worked for International Paper there, drove my first spike on the LP&N there. I admit to being inside that tunnel when a train went by, puckered up into one of those wide spots dug into the walls, when I was about 16. Never did that again! The track crosses the Coast Range inside that tunnel, and standing in the middle of it, in the dark, you can almost see each end. Cool, at 16! With the mill long gone, and my old house dozed down, and all my friends there moved out, I stopped going out there several years ago. Too sad for me to see all that gone, in this age of no logging, no work, no money. At least Swansons' Mill in Noti is still mostly running. OK, stop that! I am glad that the work is going on finally, and I hope for the best outcome, for all the money spent. I hope that the train runs well, and that people go to work, at something. I know things can't be the way they used to be, when I was living and working at a big mill by the tracks in the woods.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Coos Bay, Oregon line LPNGANDY 11-16-2009 - 18:43
  Re: Coos Bay, Oregon line Graham Buxton 11-16-2009 - 20:13
  Re: Coos Bay, Oregon line Todd Montgomery 11-17-2009 - 11:09
  Re: Coos Bay, Oregon line LPNGANDY 11-18-2009 - 05:02
  Re: Coos Bay, Oregon line Rainrock 11-18-2009 - 12:27
  Re: Coos Bay, Oregon line SP5103 11-18-2009 - 14:38
  Re: Coos Bay, Oregon line Erik H. 11-24-2009 - 20:28

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com