Re: The Geep in the Sand...Modesto Edition
Author: njt
Date: 01-29-2010 - 10:30

Not owned by the KS&G, just stored there by the PLA until they had it moved to Oakland for intermediate storage, though the plant occasionally did borrow an SW-9 from the WP whenever their centercab switcher was down for repairs. The lead that the 713 was parked on was pretty well buried at that time(track almost nonexistent). The plant had quit shipping via the WP a while back, though they would continue to ship via SP somewhat longer(off the stub end of the San Ramon branch). All that trackage(remnants of the SP San Ramon branch as well as the WP scale/storage tracks) as well as the entire plant itself are all gone now(the tiny scale building still exists, hidden in the trees). Oh by the way Nate, great pictures that you have posted so far!(please continue to do so if you have more). They are definitely a trip back in time for me(especially the Niles Canyon, Altamont Pass, and Tracy shots). In fact, your WP#713 pic is the first color shot that I have come across of its storage there(though after discovering it by chance and "exploring" it, I somehow never took a picture).

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  The Geep in the Sand...Modesto Edition Nate Beal 01-28-2010 - 08:22
  Re: The Geep in the Sand...Modesto Edition J Mann 01-28-2010 - 10:55
  Re: The Geep in the Sand...Modesto Edition njt 01-28-2010 - 10:58
  Re: The Geep in the Sand...Modesto Edition Nate Beal 01-28-2010 - 14:27
  Re: The Geep in the Sand...Modesto Edition Nate Beal 01-28-2010 - 19:50
  Re: The Geep in the Sand...Modesto Edition Tom 01-28-2010 - 20:12
  Re: The Geep in the Sand...Modesto Edition njt 01-29-2010 - 10:30

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com