Pine Bluff-Arcadia-2nd District-Gold Line Update
Author: BOB2
Date: 02-02-2010 - 23:50

Pine Bluff Update!

I have recieved the un-official secret word, from a fellow Apache, that the SP Pine Bluff at AA Building Supply spur in Arcadia, east of Santa Anita, is being readied for the move, after its recent sale. Tags, air tests, et cetera are being done. However, it's not likely to be pulled until the empty well double stacks stored east of Arcadia are ready to be moved out. I assume they will also move the Amtrak express box, as well.

These will very likely to be some of the last BNSF moves on this portion of the Los Angeles and San Gabriel Valley-ATSF 2nd District, since there are no longer any active rail served industries left west of the San Gabriel River. So get your cameras ready to cover this passing of history.

Then the bulldozers will likely start moving in to start construction of the Gold Line Extension from Pasadena to Azusa, which may get a funding agreement before June. Trenching and other preliminary engineering work has been done for the new Gold Line Bridge at the old bridge site along the 210 Fwy near Santa Anita. The first major project would likely be the 210 bridge replacement, as this funding agreement is now pending approval.

For those of us old enough to have who stood at the Arcadia Station, parked at the old team track, and highballed the Super Chief and El Capitan things will have come full circle. And for those old enough to remember the 2nd District Local, SP, and the PE the circle will be really complete. Arcadia will again have passenger rail service, every 6-15 minutes.

I miss those days, and I am glad to have lived through them, but these are going to be the fond future rail memories of our children and grandchildren.

When and "if" I get word on the possible schedule of these final Azusa Arcadia moves, I may try to post them? Note: no warranty or promise implied....... Unlike some other sites, I promise you exactly what you are paying for. But, I'll try to let folks know, if I can.

Apaches we be!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Pine Bluff-Arcadia-2nd District-Gold Line Update BOB2 02-02-2010 - 23:50
  Re: Pine Bluff-Arcadia-2nd District-Gold Line Update-Santa Fe through Arcadia David Maxwell 02-03-2010 - 11:04
  Re: Pine Bluff-Arcadia-2nd District-Gold Line Update-Santa Fe through Arcadia Jay Roberts 02-03-2010 - 11:56
  Re: Pine Bluff-Arcadia-2nd District-Gold Line Update-Santa Fe through Arcadia BOB2 02-03-2010 - 12:28
  Re: Pine Bluff-Arcadia-2nd District-Gold Line Update-Santa Fe through Arcadia David Maxwell 02-03-2010 - 13:29
  Re: Pine Bluff-Arcadia-2nd District-Gold Line Update-Santa Fe through Arcadia JAT ROBERTS 02-05-2010 - 07:49
  Re: Pine Bluff-Arcadia-2nd District-Gold Line Update Snuffy 02-04-2010 - 14:37
  Re: Pine Bluff-Arcadia-2nd District-Gold Line Update wsabo 02-05-2010 - 06:18
  Re: Pine Bluff-Arcadia-2nd District-Gold Line Update BOB2 02-05-2010 - 08:31
  Re: Pine Bluff-Arcadia-2nd District-Gold Line Update George Andrews 02-05-2010 - 09:53
  Re: Pine Bluff-Arcadia-2nd District-Gold Line Update Newrad 02-06-2010 - 00:59

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com