Re: California HSR: Lawsuit Time with the High-Speed Authority
Author: crmeatball
Date: 04-15-2010 - 22:32

Not to necessarily agree with the approach being taken for the HSR in California (I am relatively uninformed on the issue), after a quick read through this lawsuit, it seems rather weak. It seems to attack the Joint Powers Board and CalTrain more than HSR itself. I also detected some general anti-rail bias in the lawsuit itself, suggesting the plaintiffs would be filing such a lawsuit even if the CHSRA had the perfect solution for HSR, simply because they are anti-rail. Granted, this is what lawyers do, but it is splitting hairs rather than directly confront the proposal. There are some good points made, but they are issues which CHSRA can very easily dispute. It was an interesting read, but I would be surprised if this really stops HSR in California. Unless of course you can find the right judge.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  California HSR: Lawsuit Time with the High-Speed Authority S.S. Sam Taylor 04-15-2010 - 22:14
  Re: California HSR: Lawsuit Time with the High-Speed Authority crmeatball 04-15-2010 - 22:32
  Re: California HSR: Lawsuit Time with the High-Speed Authority BOB2 04-16-2010 - 08:41
  Re: California HSR: Lawsuit Time with the High-Speed Authority synonymouse 04-16-2010 - 14:15
  Re: California HSR: Lawsuit Time with the High-Speed Authority Michael Mahoney 04-16-2010 - 16:47
  Re: California HSR: Lawsuit Time with the High-Speed Authority mook 04-16-2010 - 17:23
  Re: California HSR: Lawsuit Time with the High-Speed Authority BOB2 04-17-2010 - 20:14

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com