Re: Weyerhaeuser Woods line operations/PVJR
Author: Tom McCann
Date: 04-28-2010 - 09:39

I'm not sure about PVJR operations, but I've seen the P&W train come through Portland on its way to Vancouver in mid- to late morning.

If you get a chance to check out the CCRA in Chehalis, there is a former Rayonier 2-6-6-2T Mallet stored there. The last I checked, it was still out front in the "yard area" right by the public access driveway. It's cruddy and rusty, but still makes an interesting picture. CCRA also has a 1942-vintage Vulcan center-cab diesel that is usually parked out front.

I drive up to Fort Lewis, near Tacoma, once a month and usually stop at the railfan platform in Chehalis on the way. I'm heading up there on Friday, so I may see you. I usually stop there around mid-morning.

BNSF has been running some unique unit trains on the Seattle Sub in recent months -- solid trains of wind turbine parts. If you are out along the route north of Vancouver, you could possibly see one. The trains use a mix of intermodal cars and bulkhead flats to transport the blades and motor housings.

In addition to the regular mix of Amtrak, BNSF and UP power, you could possibly see locomotives from the other large roads (CN, CP, CSX, KCS, and NS) as well as regionals such as Montana Rail Link and lease fleets such as CIT Group (CEFX), First Union and Helm. The Puget Sound & Pacific has a mix of RailAmerica and leased units, and often has BNSF and UP power run through.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Weyerhaeuser Woods line operations JB 04-27-2010 - 21:51
  Re: Weyerhaeuser Woods line operations Juppo 04-27-2010 - 22:07
  Re: Weyerhaeuser Woods line operations JB 04-27-2010 - 22:19
  Re: Weyerhaeuser Woods line operations LPNGANDY 04-28-2010 - 07:08
  Re: Weyerhaeuser Woods line operations Tom McCann 04-27-2010 - 22:22
  Re: Weyerhaeuser Woods line operations/PVJR JB 04-27-2010 - 22:31
  Re: Weyerhaeuser Woods line operations/PVJR Tom McCann 04-28-2010 - 09:39
  Re: Weyerhaeuser Woods line operations/PVJR JB 04-28-2010 - 16:37
  Re: Weyerhaeuser Woods line operations/PVJR WTCX 309 04-28-2010 - 19:21
  Re: Weyerhaeuser Woods line operations/PVJR JB 04-28-2010 - 20:59
  Re: Weyerhaeuser Woods line operations/PVJR Jon 04-28-2010 - 21:19
  Re: Weyerhaeuser Woods line operations/PVJR JB 04-28-2010 - 22:09

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com