Re: Disneyland maintenance; newspaper article
Author: Tom McCann
Date: 05-16-2010 - 23:25

I had the opportunity to perform at Disneyland with a marching band from Portland in 2005 and 2010, and the walk from the band staging area to the front of the park goes right past the rail maintenance building. I was impressed by the efficiency of having the monorails on the upper level and the steam trains on the lower level, and especially the unique monorail "switch" to gain access to either upper level track.

Disneyland is also the only place where you'll find trains crossing the Golden Gate Bridge! When California Adventure was constructed, the "Golden Gate Bridge" at the park's entrance was built around the monorail track, and it makes a great photo to catch one of the trains "crossing" the bridge.

On my 2010 trip, I remember seeing one of the feral cats dozing in the brush by the side of the faux "California Zephyr" in California Adventure. Incidentally, the cab of this attraction, which is actually the entrance facade for an ice cream shop and gift shop, was taken from an actual F-unit.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Disneyland maintenance; newspaper article D 05-16-2010 - 11:42
  Re: Disneyland maintenance; newspaper article Castlebridge 05-16-2010 - 22:19
  Re: Disneyland maintenance; newspaper article Tom McCann 05-16-2010 - 23:25
  Re: Disneyland maintenance; newspaper article Carol L. Voss 05-17-2010 - 09:03
  Re: Disneyland maintenance; newspaper article Mike T. 05-17-2010 - 09:41
  Re: Disneyland maintenance; newspaper article Tacoma Tim 05-17-2010 - 13:45
  Re: Disneyland maintenance; newspaper article Craig Tambo 05-18-2010 - 01:21

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com