Re: Not Right Away ....
Author: E
Date: 06-03-2010 - 10:03

With all due respect to Doug and the long line of people who have devoted years of effort to keep X2200 going, and as a subscriber and contributor since 1972, I have to say that the years and years of late issues of the magazine (the most recent one being more than 2 years ago) I have to say the long line of tired reasons has worn thin.

In his letter on the website, Doug lists just some of the many challenges he (and the Dovers before him) have faced in getting the magazine out. Problems with printers, mailers, etc. But he never once even mentioned the problems he does have control over, such as getting something out or at least communicating to the subscribers a little more often. Sometimes, it seems there is always plenty of time to get into arguments with others on the Internet; why couldn't some of that time and energy instead be redirected into getting a magazine out?

As an example, I responded to the net letter several weeks ago. I have yet to hear anything in response as to what to do about contributions of data.

I understand that putting out a magazine for such a tiny slice of a special interest segment is a thankless job and I'm glad Doug and his helpers have been willing to do it this long, but let's get real here.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  "Extra 2200 South" OPRRMS 06-02-2010 - 13:29
  Not Right Away .... Skeptic 06-02-2010 - 15:24
  Re: Not Right Away .... Dilbert 06-02-2010 - 17:07
  Re: Not Right Away .... Riverson 06-02-2010 - 20:43
  Re: Not Right Away .... E 06-03-2010 - 10:03
  Re: "Extra 2200 South" Jason Kuehn 06-03-2010 - 21:03
  Re: "Extra 2200 South" Observer 06-04-2010 - 05:24
  Re: "Extra 2200 South" Graham Buxton 06-04-2010 - 06:49

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com