Re: REHeadline: Amtrak engineers take train controls for Metrolink
Author: Tony Johnson
Date: 06-27-2010 - 08:22

I agree that many of today's reporters fail to get the most basic of facts straight when writting an article. After giving an interview I enjoy hearing back from reporters who wish to double check their story. Unfortunately, they are in the minority.

Reading or watching interviews from reporters sometimes makes me wonder how much of recent history is incorrect. Then there's the simpliest of dumb mistakes, such as calling a locomotive "a train", that seems to make me conclude that they are more interested in asking their questions than listening to the answer.

My favorite boner was when SP4449 stopped at Watsonville Junction on it's way for the 50th Anniversary celebration of LAUPT. The reporterette interviewed an retired Espee fireman who explained how important it is to watching the boiler's water lever in the sight glass, the proper fire, and so on. When I saw the interview later on television she interduced the gentleman as a "man who fed the heaters."

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Trainnews - volume 3 - issue 141 Espee99 06-26-2010 - 18:59
  REHeadline: Amtrak engineers take train controls for Metrolink Richard Elgenson 06-26-2010 - 20:34
  Re: REHeadline: Amtrak engineers take train controls for Metrolink 1stcajon 06-26-2010 - 21:07
  Re: REHeadline: Amtrak engineers take train controls for Metrolink OldPoleBurner 06-26-2010 - 23:37
  Re: REHeadline: Amtrak engineers take train controls for Metrolink Civil (Polite) Engineer 06-27-2010 - 05:50
  Re: REHeadline: Amtrak engineers take train controls for Metrolink john 06-27-2010 - 08:15
  Re: REHeadline: Amtrak engineers take train controls for Metrolink Dr Zarkoff 06-27-2010 - 09:50
  Re: REHeadline: Amtrak engineers take train controls for Metrolink Tony Johnson 06-27-2010 - 08:22
  Re: REHeadline: Amtrak engineers take train controls for Metrolink Mr Guy 06-27-2010 - 10:06
  Re: REHeadline: Amtrak engineers take train controls for Metrolink wsabo 06-27-2010 - 13:25

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com