Re: Spokane, Empire Builder, & MRL detours update
Author: hepkema
Date: 06-26-2011 - 15:36

Mr. Butler can probably provide a definite answer if he sees this post. (I'll forward it to him).

Just a wild guess from me, since I have only been here in Spokane since '91, but I'm thinking that Sunset "Jct." might have been just a crossover on the double tracked NP line before the merger and before the Latah Creek Bridge was built in about '73, and by sheer coincidence of location it became a true "junction" to the line crossing the new bridge. In any case, it got its name from the adjacent "Sunset Highway" (old US2/US10) that crossed the adjacent "Sunset Bridge" at the base of "Sunset Hill".

(The next-door Sunset Junction restaurant/bar should not be confused with the Sunset Jct. Model RR store--which is mis-named in its current location on the other side of downtown.)

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Spokane, Empire Builder, & MRL detours update Throttle Hogg 06-24-2011 - 21:59
  Re: Spokane, Empire Builder, & MRL detours update Marty Bernard 06-25-2011 - 08:25
  Re: Spokane, Empire Builder, & MRL detours update ex-BN 06-26-2011 - 09:41
  Re: Spokane, Empire Builder, & MRL detours update hepkema 06-26-2011 - 15:36
  Re: Spokane, Empire Builder, & MRL detours update SFB 06-26-2011 - 17:28
  Re: Spokane, Empire Builder, & MRL detours update Butler 06-26-2011 - 22:16
  Re: Minot on Fox News SP5103 06-27-2011 - 09:35

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com