Passenger Trains are not "Railfan Fantasies"
Author: Pdxrailtransit
Date: 08-04-2011 - 10:34

It is typical of the small mindedness of some of the people on this board, that they would reduce my pro-railpassenger stance as a "railfan fantasy." My "fantasy," is for the U.S. to wean itself from air and automobile travel. I would like to be able to travel to every major city in this country by rail. I do not want to travel across this country again on the Interstate and see the hideous blight that is Offramp America. Depot America was a far superior place, and flying? How US citizens tolerate their complete suspension of human rights and dignity just to fly in some damn tube that is spewing Kerosene exhaust into the upper atmosphere is just ludicrous. In case you haven't noticed (and if you are a railfan you should have) the whole country is being TSA-ized.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Passenger Trains are not "Railfan Fantasies" Pdxrailtransit 08-04-2011 - 10:34
  Re: Passenger Trains are not "Railfan Fantasies" :) 08-04-2011 - 11:23
  Re: Passenger Trains are not "Railfan Fantasies" Rail Fan 08-04-2011 - 13:19
  Re: Passenger Trains are not "Railfan Fantasies" Rich Hunn 08-04-2011 - 13:38
  Re: Passenger Trains are not "Railfan Fantasies" Rail Fan 08-04-2011 - 16:20
  Re: Passenger Trains are not "Railfan Fantasies", TSA In Cognito 08-04-2011 - 21:38

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com