Re: Passenger Trains are not "Railfan Fantasies", TSA
Author: In Cognito
Date: 08-04-2011 - 21:38

Quote:
Pdxrailtransit
In case you haven't noticed (and if you are a railfan you should have) the whole country is being TSA-ized.

I worked at John Wayne Airport (Santa Ana, CA) for 3 or 4 years, let's say from 2004 until 2008. The manager of Airside Operations asked me if I knew what TSA meant? My reply was "Transportation Stupidity Administration?" His definition was "thousands standing around". Once while working in the terminal during the day, a TSA employee jumped into the view of my survey level instrument and said "take my picture". I replied that if I did something stupid like that to them, they would have me arrested. Fast forward to June 2011 and I'm in a short line to get through security in Anchorage Alaska. I had taken my recently expired passport and old drivers license since I had a suspended drivers license and the new one arrived at home while I was gone. I used my old CA ID and showed it to the TSA guy and he says "did you know your drivers license is expired?" Yes, I know. Can I get on my flight? Yes, proceed. At least he took the time to examine the document. Turned out to be the worst red eye flight I've ever been on with the screaming youngun. Even though I wanted to say something to the young parents, I somehow felt sorry for them.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Passenger Trains are not "Railfan Fantasies" Pdxrailtransit 08-04-2011 - 10:34
  Re: Passenger Trains are not "Railfan Fantasies" :) 08-04-2011 - 11:23
  Re: Passenger Trains are not "Railfan Fantasies" Rail Fan 08-04-2011 - 13:19
  Re: Passenger Trains are not "Railfan Fantasies" Rich Hunn 08-04-2011 - 13:38
  Re: Passenger Trains are not "Railfan Fantasies" Rail Fan 08-04-2011 - 16:20
  Re: Passenger Trains are not "Railfan Fantasies", TSA In Cognito 08-04-2011 - 21:38

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com