Re: Are sure he is not using real lead
Author: OldPoleBurner
Date: 09-08-2011 - 12:36

> Right-wing think tank . . . . . I know that I can now depend on ___ ____ . . . .
> knee jerk ditto head, . . . . God gave me the right . . . . .

Oh Bother!

Pardon me, but your own biases are showing! Talk about your own ditto machine responses - why don't you! And you must have forgot how many SUVs and fancy jets, Al Gore owns. Oh? - it's OK for him to own them, but not for the common folk? Is that your point. Or perhaps you just played hooky on those days they presented a civics lesson? Or maybe the public schools failed you? But hopefully, only a refresher course is needed.

And if God didn't give those "Unalienable Rights" of unfettered liberty, to human beings, as indicated in the "Declaration Of Independence" - then who else did? Our Founding Fathers certainly thought that's where they came from; even writing just that, into the law of the land! Or perhaps, you are one of those that disagrees with them, and do not believe humans have "Unalienable Rights - granted by their creator"; but instead think those right were granted by the pleasure of some king or emperor (gov't).

More to the point - Who gave you (or your representatives) the right to dictate what someone else drives or doesn't drive; or owns or doesn't own, or to do whatever. . . . . So where do you "Use-the-power-of-government-to-tell-everybody-what-to-do" types, claim your rights to do this, come from?

Answer - NOWHERE! - No one has such rights!!!!!! !! - Never did - never will! -- especially those who forgot to take their mood meds! And certainly not a so-called democratic government of a free country. So yes, In America, it is lawful for citizens to do whatever they darn well please, unless a "Constitutional" statue law against it has been properly passed by the citizen's representatives and adjudicated by the courts. Actually, it is the rights of the "Use-the-power-of-government / anything-goes" types, that is limited by our founding documents; our gov't having no legitimate powers whatever, except those explicitly granted by the sovereign people in writing, via the Constitution.

So ultimately, it is only the fear or power of 151 machine gun toting jack booted thugs, bustin' through the door at midnight, that will ever afford our government any power otherwise. - But that would be unlawful, right; "a high crime or misdemeanor" in this free country - right? And no President would ever dare to do that - right? Reassure me - Right? Not even one who said the "Constitution just gets in the way" - Right? One hopes so!

So how do you make anything legitimate happen by the power of gov't, except for the mostly voluntary honor given "The Law of the Land", by the vast majority of the people. But our country is deeply divided right now - mostly because there are too many people using gov't power; trying to tell too many other people what to do. That needs to stop.

And if that notion earns me any stereotyped label you please - then so be it!

OPB

And sorry for the rant - but some things are jut too annoying to let slide - or too serious and would keep me up at night. Hopefully, I (we all) can get back to work. And I hope you mood improves - bad moods suck!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Evil Incarnate Pdxrailtransit 09-07-2011 - 11:47
  Re: Evil Incarnate Uhh huh 09-07-2011 - 11:51
  Are sure he is not using real lead Pdxrailtransit 09-07-2011 - 11:53
  Re: Are sure he is not using real lead OldPoleBurner 09-08-2011 - 12:36
  Re: Are sure he is not using real lead theconductor 09-08-2011 - 20:45
  The Patent Absurdity of "Wheels to Wealth" Pdxrailtransit 09-07-2011 - 12:30
  Re: The Patent Absurdity of "Wheels to Wealth" up833 09-07-2011 - 14:32
  Re: The Patent Absurdity of "Wheels to Wealth" David Smith 09-07-2011 - 20:12
  Re: The Patent Absurdity of "Wheels to Wealth" Dan 09-07-2011 - 17:25
  Re: The Patent Absurdity of "Wheels to Wealth" rasputin 09-07-2011 - 17:34
  Re: The Patent Absurdity of "Wheels to Wealth" Z-Train 09-07-2011 - 20:28
  Re: The Patent Absurdity of "Wheels to Wealth" David Smith 09-09-2011 - 21:36
  Re: The Patent Absurdity of "Wheels to Wealth" Visitor 09-10-2011 - 06:08
  Re: The Patent Absurdity of "Wheels to Wealth" z 09-10-2011 - 07:56
  Re: Evil Incarnate Rich Hunn 09-07-2011 - 15:44
  Re: Evil Incarnate Kid in a candy store 09-07-2011 - 20:38
  Re: Evil Incarnate BOB R 09-08-2011 - 11:31
  Re: Holiness Incarnate Commuter 09-08-2011 - 13:53
  Re: Holiness Incarnate mook 09-08-2011 - 20:12
  Re: Evil Incarnate Brian 09-08-2011 - 19:32
  Re: Evil Incarnate Mike Swanson 09-09-2011 - 11:36
  Re: Evil Incarnate Erik H. 09-08-2011 - 21:08
  Re: Evil Incarnate Brian 09-08-2011 - 21:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com