Re: A Train vs. Car accident has just occured near Davis
Author: OldPoleBurner
Date: 09-06-2007 - 18:55

My Condolences.

Even though I have investigated a number of rail accidents as part of my job, there is one thing I do not understand here. Supposedly, the extraordinary length of time the trackway was closed was due to the accident site being treated as a crime scene. Perhaps it is just somehow beyond my experience, but I cannot seem to imagine what piece of physical evidence at the scene could have suggested a "murder suicide", as opposed to an ordinary accident, as some reports have suggested. I therefore have to question such reports.

I did however, once witness another grade crossing "Accident", where the sheriff cordoned off the area as a crime scene, and held us and the train for hours. Though I was an actual eye-witness, I coudn't figure out the actions of the police on that one either.

In that one, Just as the crossing signal started dinging, an obviously intoxicated (potted) man was walking his leashed dog across the tracks , passing a woman comming the other way. After they both cleared the tracks, the woman turned around and yelled something. His dog suddenly lunged at her, pulling him (as unstable as he was) into the path of an Amtrak train, killing him instantly.

They held me and another witness, and the train for hours, because we could not tell them exactly where the woman was, only that she walked off up the pathway. They claimed they wanted to charge her with murder - and that we were material witnesses to the "Crime". Neither one of us saw anything even resembling a crime - not even an assault. Nobody else was there to see anything - except his buddy, who was a hundred feet further up and not looking.

I suppose she may have said something inflamatory to him, or him to her, but no one heard it. We only saw her turn around and open her mouth. So how did they come to such a conclusion? Go figure!

Since this sort of thing seems to be happening more and more, both on rails and on city streets, one has to wonder about the police. I wish someone in the know about such police methodologies would explain them. - In technical enough terms that I could believe it, also.

OPB

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  A Train vs. Car accident has just occured near Davis Coleman Randall 09-03-2007 - 23:32
  Re: A Train vs. Car accident has just occured near Davis Cain Rock Yardmaster 09-04-2007 - 01:01
  Re: A Train vs. Car accident has just occured near Davis David Epling 09-04-2007 - 01:42
  Re: A Train vs. Car accident has just occured near Davis Coleman Randall 09-04-2007 - 02:48
  Re: A Train vs. Car accident has just occured near Davis Tony Czuleger 09-04-2007 - 10:49
  Re: A Train vs. Car accident has just occured near Davis Don Foreman 09-04-2007 - 12:26
  Re: A Train vs. Car accident has just occured near Davis Scott Thomas 09-04-2007 - 20:18
  Re: A Train vs. Car accident has just occured near Davis Scott Thomas 09-04-2007 - 20:21
  Re: A Train vs. Car accident has just occured near Davis anonymous 09-06-2007 - 17:44
  Re: A Train vs. Car accident has just occured near Davis OldPoleBurner 09-06-2007 - 18:55
  Re: A Train vs. Car accident has just occured near Davis NKB 09-07-2007 - 21:47
  Re: A Train vs. Car accident has just occured near Davis David Epling 09-08-2007 - 00:28
  Re: A Train vs. Car accident has just occured near Davis OldPoleBurner 09-08-2007 - 12:49

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com