Marty, trainjunkie, Tony & Tom
Author: Howard
Date: 11-27-2011 - 11:23

Thanks; it is always nice to hear everyone is enjoying the photographs.

We started off the day by going to a model train show in San Jose and stopping by the Train Shop in Santa Clara on the way home. It was a very pleasant late afternoon fall day when we got back to Santa Cruz.

In the past, at this time of year, we would head up to Pleasanton for a model train show, then ride the Niles Canyon Railway Train of Lights and finish up at Cici’s Italian Ristorante in Niles. [cicisitalianristorante.com] We always order the Veal Saltimbocca and bring a nice bottle of wine. Hope we have time to get up to ride the Niles Canyon Railway Train of Lights this year.

I love that restored GMC bus at Niles used to shuttle train passengers from the parking lot in Niles to the train station. First time I rode on it I was reminded of being a child in Pittsburgh, PA in the late 1950’s riding from my home in Squirrel Hill to Bill & Walt’s Hobby shop in downtown Pittsburgh. I had set my eyes on a Tenshodo HO brass Great Northern F3 A-B-A set and would go down every Saturday with my entire allowance and make a payment on my layaway card. I think it took me almost 6 months before I could finally take home that gorgeous brass locomotive set. I still remember the smile on Walt’s face when I made the last payment and I got to take my treasure home.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Santa Cruz Interchange Late Today Howard 11-26-2011 - 19:57
  Re: Santa Cruz Interchange Late Today Marty Bernard 11-27-2011 - 00:49
  Re: Santa Cruz Interchange Late Today trainjunkie 11-27-2011 - 07:32
  Re: Santa Cruz Interchange Late Today Tony Johnson 11-27-2011 - 08:17
  Re: Santa Cruz Interchange Late Today Howard 11-27-2011 - 11:38
  Re: Santa Cruz Interchange Late Today Unfortunate Bystander 11-27-2011 - 10:26
  Re: Santa Cruz Interchange Late Today Tom Carter 11-27-2011 - 10:48
  Marty, trainjunkie, Tony & Tom Howard 11-27-2011 - 11:23
  Re: Pittsburgh Memories Pittsburgher 11-27-2011 - 15:34
  Re: Pittsburgh Memories Howard 11-27-2011 - 19:53
  Re: Pittsburgh Memories CP4449 11-28-2011 - 17:16
  Re: Pittsburgh Memories Pittsburgher 11-28-2011 - 18:04

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com