Re: UP/PCC Colfax - Pullman question.???? more questions.
Author: Ross Hall
Date: 09-18-2007 - 17:08

Is it something that the state could take care of as far as the open/closed station status? You would think that with all the money they are handing out in western Washington, opening these lines up could be a condition of giving them more $$$. (Personally, I've always felt it should be illegal for selling carriers to require the buyer to interchange solely with them, if they want to keep it for themselves they should run it themselves, otherwise if the buyer connects with another carrier they should be free to do business with them as they see fit---whatever is most likely to keep the short line alive!) My friend that goes to the U of I says that the usual fall rush of dry fertilizer to Wilson hasn't happened this year, seems to be coming by truck, is there a problem delivering to Wilson for some reason?? What is the estimated time frame for building the line between Oakesdale and Thornton once someone decides to do it, how long will it take to get permits, enviro. impact statements and all that until open track??? (My sources estimate 6 years.) What's the estimated cost to build the line?? Thanks again!!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  UP/PCC Colfax - Pullman question.???? Ross Hall 09-17-2007 - 12:37
  Re: UP/PCC Colfax - Pullman question.???? h 09-18-2007 - 10:04
  Re: UP/PCC Colfax - Pullman question.???? more questions. Ross Hall 09-18-2007 - 17:08
  Re: UP/PCC Colfax - Pullman question.???? more questions. h 09-18-2007 - 21:12
  Re: UP/PCC Colfax - Pullman question.???? more questions. the W&I railroad 09-18-2007 - 21:22
  Re: UP/PCC Colfax - Pullman question.???? more questions. Ross Hall 09-19-2007 - 17:01
  Re: UP/PCC Colfax - Pullman question.???? more questions. the W&I railroad 09-19-2007 - 20:04

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com