Re: 10-hour calls
Author: Rich Hunn
Date: 04-25-2012 - 12:40

It would be nice if even 8 hours undisturbed were guaranteed but between getting to the hotel,
getting something to eat and having the 90 minute call-up it would take at least 12 hours to get
close. That still assumes that 90 minute (or two hour) doesn't occur just as you've finally gotten
to sleep. UP used to be terrible for "ghost trains" which all of a sudden showed up on a line up
and your tenth out all of a sudden became a 90 minute call. The concept of the call "window" has
been discussed so much and would work really well if the rails could come to some level of
confidence on train scheduling. It's hard to believe this thing will ever come to a mutual level
of satisfaction, just another argument for automated trains and don't think the rails won't use
it. But, I totally agree on your busted call issue, you get called you should get paid. UP calls
me out and they get billed whether they use me or not.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  NTSB preliminary report on 2011 BNSF Red Oak, IA, collision OPRRMS 04-25-2012 - 00:02
  Re: NTSB preliminary report on 2011 BNSF Red Oak, IA, collision Chris Walker 04-25-2012 - 02:30
  Re: NTSB preliminary report on 2011 BNSF Red Oak, IA, collision Fatigue 04-25-2012 - 10:21
  10-hour calls J 04-25-2012 - 10:51
  Re: 10-hour calls Rich Hunn 04-25-2012 - 12:40
  Re: 10-hour calls Fatigue 04-25-2012 - 15:37
  Re: NTSB preliminary report on 2011 BNSF Red Oak, IA, collision OPRRMS 04-25-2012 - 12:54

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com