Re: Santa Fe Railway work trucks(Ford vs Chevy?)
Author: George Andrews
Date: 05-19-2012 - 21:27

Not so fast on the blanket statements, Berg. I still remember, and have snapshots somewhere, of International Harvester pickup trucks, painted dark blue and lettered Santa Fe, parked at the signal maintainer's building in Fullerton, CA. This would have been some time in the mid to late 1970's. At this time, Santa fe was still buying, rather than leasing, their M - of - W trucks. As for Espee, they used both Chevrolet and GMC trucks, for everything from pickups to medium - duty flatbeds and welders trucks. While Chevy and GMC were built on the same assembly line, there were detail and visual differences between the two makes. Espee also used I - H 9400 - series conventional three - axle tractors for pulling flatbed trailers. I also have pics of one at West Colton in the early 1980's.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Santa Fe Railway work trucks Jim Matterson 05-18-2012 - 23:49
  Re: Santa Fe Railway work trucks(Ford vs Chevy?) Berg 05-19-2012 - 19:59
  Re: Santa Fe Railway work trucks(Ford vs Chevy?) George Andrews 05-19-2012 - 21:27
  Re: Santa Fe Railway work trucks(Ford vs Chevy?) J 05-20-2012 - 04:49
  Re: Santa Fe Railway work trucks(Ford vs Chevy?) . 05-20-2012 - 07:36
  Re: Santa Fe Railway work trucks(Ford vs Chevy?) George Andrews 05-20-2012 - 08:59
  Re: Santa Fe Railway work trucks(Ford vs Chevy?) SP5103 05-20-2012 - 15:56
  Re: Santa Fe Railway work trucks(IH vs Ford) Berg 05-21-2012 - 10:19
  Re: Santa Fe Railway work trucks(IH vs Ford) George Andrews 05-21-2012 - 17:07

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com