Re: The Rail Baron's Not So Excellent Adventure
Author: BOB2
Date: 06-21-2012 - 07:21

Amtrak's current management recieved, as I interpreted the comments, an almost universal F grade from the former Amtrak President's in this months Trains....

I've met Joe Boardman several times, and on my first meeting, I had immediate concerns with his clear lack of knowledge about the needs of the thriving western corridors and state supported systems. His prioriites have been confusing and unclear, and despite the opportunities presented by the reauthorization of the Rail Act, Amtrak has appeared to drift. Amtrak has been seen as unresponsive to the needs of the growing regional corridors, in many cases to the point that many regional corridors are setting up governance structures, which may be able to contract out these services, or set up regional operators, to take over some corridors from Amtrak.

As to this episode, good customer service for first class passengers, given how few there are, and how much of a fare they are paying, doesn't seem that difficult to achieve. It's been done before, but it takes leadership which is able to show vision and empower employee's, not just harass and nit pick.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  The Rail Baron's Not So Excellent Adventure E.M. Frimbo 06-20-2012 - 21:37
  Re: The Rail Baron's Not So Excellent Adventure P. K. Lukens 06-20-2012 - 22:01
  Re: The Rail Baron's Not So Excellent Adventure Don 06-20-2012 - 22:30
  Re: The Rail Baron's Not So Excellent Adventure BOB2 06-21-2012 - 07:21
  Tyranny of Amtrak Crews Pdxrailtransit 06-21-2012 - 09:37
  Re: Tyranny of Amtrak Crews Roosevelt Sims 06-24-2012 - 23:00
  It's Not What You Know, It's How Good You Are At Bamboozling Holly Gibson 06-25-2012 - 02:59
  Re: It's Not What You Know, It's How Good You Are At Bamboozling o 06-25-2012 - 22:52
  Re: It's Not What You Know, It's How Good You Are At Bamboozling George Andrews 06-26-2012 - 09:05

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com