Re: SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail"
Author: Michael Mahoney
Date: 07-09-2012 - 12:07

Yes, incroyable sounds about right. My theory is that this country was never invaded by Napoleon, and so we have no experience of governments that decide what to do and then do it. This can be a bad thing, of course, but not when it comes to HSR. I must say that I don't think putting the trains actually into the I-5 median would work, but there is room in the corridor to run them nearby.

Nevertheless, denial continues to be the order of the day.

(1) The belief persists that tiny Valley communities will generate more passengers than Los Angeles.

(2) The belief persists that the idea was to take excess capacity from the airways. On the contrary, the idea was to put the airways out of business. In addition, it was expected that a rail line would generate new trips, from passengers who would not care to fly.

(3) The belief persists that this story is "old news." It's a shame that the news media are coming late to the party, and it would have been nice had they had this story at the time it happened, but for those of us who are watching the train wreck -- figuratively speaking -- from the sidelines, it's helpful to understand the history of how we got there. So it's not old news.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail" synonymouse 07-08-2012 - 20:39
  Re: If my grandma had wheels, she'd be a wagon? BOB2 07-09-2012 - 10:42
  Re: SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail" Michael Mahoney 07-09-2012 - 12:07
  Re: SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail" Rich Hunn 07-09-2012 - 12:51
  Re: SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail" Passerby 07-10-2012 - 03:01
  Re: SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail" And the TSA will be in your pants! 07-09-2012 - 16:41
  Re: SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail" P. Kepler 07-09-2012 - 18:41
  Re: SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail" MG42 07-09-2012 - 21:00
  Re: SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail" GRRR 07-11-2012 - 09:04

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com