Re: SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail"
Author: Rich Hunn
Date: 07-09-2012 - 12:51

Guess I shouldn't care because I moved out but I was born and raised in California, still have
property there and long biological roots. 48 miles of tunnels?? 190 miles of viaducts?? And with
that a mandated 2 hour 40 minute schedule?? The TGV pretty much runs straight down the middle of
France with some gentle curves in the South and a bit more in the North. Air travel between Paris
and Nice is a pain in the neck and the train makes much more sense, plus it's a nice ride. In the
case of California one wonders about the traffic levels as far as demand. I used to ride the SJ's
a lot when I lived in the Merced foothills and though the North end took a cab ride to the office
I at least could get some work done. I noticed that those trains had a pretty decent business mix,
is that who the HSR wants to cater to? I mean they're connecting the city dots but Bakersfield to
Fresno makes no sense, maybe to Stockton, more likely to Sacramento. The SJ's do a good job on
that route and make sense, so why not use the I-5 route for $30B less, politics I guess. Another
case of the elected officials forgetting who elected them or more likely figuring that they'd be
reelected if the choo-choo came to town. Things like this need to be done bty a committee from
Iowa with zero axes to grind!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail" synonymouse 07-08-2012 - 20:39
  Re: If my grandma had wheels, she'd be a wagon? BOB2 07-09-2012 - 10:42
  Re: SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail" Michael Mahoney 07-09-2012 - 12:07
  Re: SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail" Rich Hunn 07-09-2012 - 12:51
  Re: SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail" Passerby 07-10-2012 - 03:01
  Re: SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail" And the TSA will be in your pants! 07-09-2012 - 16:41
  Re: SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail" P. Kepler 07-09-2012 - 18:41
  Re: SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail" MG42 07-09-2012 - 21:00
  Re: SNCF says "Je m'en fous de Jerry-Rail" GRRR 07-11-2012 - 09:04

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com