Re: Train Shops and Railroad Books - Powells
Author: Jim
Date: 08-28-2012 - 08:33

I thought Powells was a joke. I ordered an out-of-print Four Ways West book. Despite being a fragile laminated boards book, they were going to ship it in nothing more than a useless bubble wrap envelope. That would have been guarenteed damage, but they seemed more interested in their own personal convenience. I did talk them into packing it better and it came very marginally packed. One bump and the book would have been damaged, but it survived.

Then, they glue those anti-theft devices into the book and never bothered to remove it before shipping it to me.

Oh and did I mention that the book had some underlining in it from the previous owner, which of course, was not disclosed in the book condition.

I was really really unimpressed with Powells. I've bought out-of-print books from a number of outstanding stores or private sellers, but their service and quality was among the poorest that I've seen. I definitely would not buy from Powells again.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Train Shops and Railroad Books fkrock 08-27-2012 - 09:17
  Re: Train Shops and Railroad Books M. Harris 08-27-2012 - 10:50
  Re: Train Shops and Railroad Books OldPoleBurner 08-27-2012 - 12:35
  Re: Train Shops and Railroad Books If your looking for out of print DWM 08-27-2012 - 13:14
  Re: Train Shops and Railroad Books M. Harris 08-27-2012 - 13:53
  Re: Train Shops and Railroad Books George Andrews 08-27-2012 - 21:06
  Re: Train Shops and Railroad Books Mike Lepker 08-27-2012 - 21:32
  Re: Train Shops and Railroad Books Tom McCann 08-28-2012 - 08:36
  Re: Train Shops and Railroad Books - Powells Jim 08-28-2012 - 08:33
  Re: Train Shops and Railroad Books - Powells George Andrews 08-28-2012 - 19:35

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com