Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles (Off-topic ad hominem, plus an update)
Author: OERM Otaku (Will ad hominem you ad do
Date: 12-06-2012 - 09:29

Okay, Steve...how much moonshine did you drink before you posted that? Rule number one of the internet: never try to confront even an amateur rhetorician with conventional, unfounded half-truths and outright lies. Alas, you're badly out-gunned and out-flanked.

> Nobody on this board said you were sensible. You
> sound like a handout seeking Obamacrat(blame Bush)
> who lives off the taxes of hard working people who
> are responsible for their actions and want to do
> right and ask only for the chance to pull their
> own weight.

Nope, I'm a "Realpolitik", which means I side with whatever side gets the job done best--Otto Von Bismarck, the "Iron Chancellor" of Prussia is a good example. Unfortunately that means hillbillies of your ilk don't get me on your side due to your inefficacy. Any "traditional" conservative should be retching at the policies put forth by the drunken hicks which have the "Grand Old Party" in a headlock.

And I intend to pull my own weight once I have a degree. Go ahead, insinuate I'm a moocher all you want. I still have more knowledge and expertise than you ever will hope to accumulate over your entire life, and I know you're just insecure over your lack of intellect thereof and find comfort in spewing typical right-wing verbatim and pathetic bigotry. It's just silly, really, knowing that you've drawn your own stereotypical caricature.

> The housing mess started with Carter and was
> fueled by Clinton with the "Everyone should own a
> home even if they can't pay for it" idea. This
> sounds good but didn't work.(Sorta [sic] like "Cash For
> Clunkers")

Carter is to blame for something--outsourcing. In fact I'm disappointed in the fact we've outsourced so many decent manufacturing jobs that we got ourselves in this mess in the first place. Of course the greedy private sector individuals are to blame as well--for following what is in their own best interest to increase their profit margins--and even someone as magnanimous as I would act the same in that scenario.

> I'm glad to know that you know every fact behind
> 9-11 and are certain beyond a doubt that everyone
> who knew that it was going to happen did nothing
> to prevent it. War is hell, I've seen it first hand
> but sometimes it's necessary and the Islamic
> threat is very real.

I'm sure you know that the ilk of Reagan and Bush Sr. also supported Bin Laden in order to oppose the "Red Terror" which threatened Afghanistan. After all, Afghanistan is called the "Graveyard of Empires" for a reason...

Oh, wait...you're too jaded to see that your "Great Communicator" could even fund a regime which would ultimately oppose us. I'd link you to a couple articles on the matter, but you in your closed-minded fervor would slander them as "LIBHURRAL PROPAHGAHNDA" or some cut-and-dried verbatim the right-wing spews all the time.

> If you helped create this mess by not being a
> responsible person who votes for people who are
> trying to get our country headed in a more
> conservative direction

Again, don't rhetorically fire on someone with considerable amounts of intellect. I can see through lies and fear-mongering. However all the Right-wing has to do is throw you "red meat" issues, xenophobia, and call the president the Antichrist and next thing you know slobbering, bigoted drunkards with the IQ of a potato crawl out of the woodwork and dominate the government.

> The republic can't spend it's [sic] way out of debt.

So...ever heard of John Maynard Keynes? Or if you say so, maybe I should change my perception to follow the ways of Ayn Rand, whose policies you'd agree with more. Albeit that means that I, as a private-sector entrepreneur with considerably more intellect and ingenuity, would have the divinely-endowed right to wring you financially dry selling you products with planned obsolescence and that will ultimately harm you both financially, mentally, and physically. Because according to Rand I would have the right to be a selfish pig at the expense of others.

> payroll deduction or better yet a national sales
> tax so welfare bums will pay a share when they buy
> cigaretts [sic],beer and diapers to be traded for sex
> from their never married girlfriend with three
> kids under 7 years old who get free food,free
> rent,free cell phones, and free medical care at my
> expense.

Yes, there are individuals who abuse that privilege. Personally, the government should conduct better audits to keep those bloodsuckers from doing so.

By the way, sounds like you summed yourself up pretty well there, except that never-married girlfriend is probably your first cousin or something.

> The republic can withstand Obama. It can not
> withstand the people who elected Obama.

Put forward a more sensible candidate that doesn't have investments in CNOOC and Iran, or that doesn't intend to stab his electorate in the back, and we can talk about the matter. Of course I can smell the reek of whiskey and halitosis through my computer monitor, so I'll pass for now.

On topic, unlike the whole tangent above:
Strike's over, and ultimately the port took a hit. Most of the traffic went through other ports, thereby harming LA-based business.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Strike at the Port of Los Angeles The Line 12-02-2012 - 20:19
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles Jim Hamm 12-02-2012 - 22:35
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles Self-centered foamer 12-02-2012 - 23:48
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles curious 12-03-2012 - 04:35
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles Union Man 12-03-2012 - 08:38
  Re: Hey curious! Jim Hamm 12-03-2012 - 09:54
  Re: Hey curious! Mike Swanson 12-03-2012 - 13:42
  Re: Hey curious! curious 12-03-2012 - 16:26
  Re: Hey curious! RI 12-03-2012 - 16:37
  Re: Hey curious! curious 12-03-2012 - 17:26
  Re: Hey curious! Undergrad 12-03-2012 - 17:52
  Re: Hey curious! RI 12-03-2012 - 18:02
  Re: Hey curious! Union? 12-03-2012 - 18:15
  Re: Hey curious! curious 12-04-2012 - 04:32
  Re: Hey curious! Northern Snowman 12-03-2012 - 18:12
  Re: Hey curious! Union? 12-03-2012 - 18:17
  Re: Hey curious! Ken J 12-04-2012 - 11:44
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles jst3751 12-03-2012 - 10:55
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles M. Harris 12-03-2012 - 13:36
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles fkrock 12-03-2012 - 15:25
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles WAF 12-03-2012 - 16:48
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles -- Longshore logic George Andrews 12-03-2012 - 19:27
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles -- Longshore logic BOB R 12-03-2012 - 19:42
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles -- Longshore logic Stash 12-03-2012 - 21:11
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles -- Longshore logic jst3751 12-04-2012 - 09:13
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles -- Longshore logic curious 12-04-2012 - 04:36
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles -- Longshore logic hr 12-04-2012 - 12:43
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles -- Longshore logic David Smith 12-04-2012 - 21:21
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles -- Longshore logic OERM Otaku 12-05-2012 - 11:52
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles -- Longshore logic Steve Sloan 12-05-2012 - 17:50
  Re: Strike at the Port of Los Angeles (Off-topic ad hominem, plus an update) OERM Otaku (Will ad hominem you ad do 12-06-2012 - 09:29
  Degree Hillbilly 12-06-2012 - 20:35
  Re: Degree OERM Otaku 12-07-2012 - 08:03
  Re: Degree curious 12-07-2012 - 16:29
  Re: Degree OERM Otaku 12-07-2012 - 17:00
  Re: Degree Oh Bother 12-08-2012 - 10:30

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com