Re: NTSB synopsis report on Amtrak 5 vs. truck collision in Nevada
Author: George Andrews
Date: 12-23-2012 - 10:51

I see major crap headed the trucking company's way from this report. Cut ABS Wires are a bad deal, although with " ... two empty trailers... " ( emphasis mine ), the driver should have been able to stop. Probably a shade - tree mechanic who didn't know anything about ABS. Keep in mind that a disabled ABS system does NOT disable the entire brake system, just the anti - lock portion. The drivers' right foot is still the best anti - lock system I know of. The " ... nine brakes out of adjustment ..." may or may not be a big deal, depending on how far out of adjustment they were, especially with empties.( The width of a business card between the drum and shoe is enough for a write - up. ) The driver could have stopped with Fred Flintstone brakes, from that distance away, and with empties.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  NTSB synopsis report on Amtrak 5 vs. truck collision in Nevada OPRRMS 12-12-2012 - 01:34
  Re: NTSB synopsis report on Amtrak 5 vs. truck collision in Nevada DCA 12-12-2012 - 22:12
  Re: NTSB synopsis report on Amtrak 5 vs. truck collision in Nevada Northern Snowman 12-13-2012 - 05:10
  Re: NTSB synopsis report on Amtrak 5 vs. truck collision in Nevada George Andrews 12-23-2012 - 10:51

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com