Re: How much education and insurance must a truck have
Author: Kcjonz
Date: 09-11-2013 - 17:40

I am a commercial driver. Been an owner-operator for 27 years. The only reason taxpayers are involved is because it was Amtrak. Otherwise, it would be the CN against the truck driver and his company. Plus my brother is an engineer for the CN. Let's put one thing straight. There is no amount of insurance that covers STUPIDITY!!! Trucker or four wheeler. I have been in many situations where I'm sitting at a light...it turns green...I start to go and...before my tractor is past the light it has turned back to red. There are hundreds of people killed because of texting. There are hundreds of people killed talking on their cell phones, and there are hundreds of people who get killed by trains. There is a good chance that he pulled up to the crossing...stopped, looked and listened [per Mississippi law] saw no trains approching and started to cross. Amtrak show up at 79 mph..POW. Just a case of poor timming. OR he was just not paying attention. Thank his lucky stars that he was just one second faster. Otherwise He would be DEAD. Just like that guy out in Nevada. Getting hit by a train is one thing, but running into the side of one is just plain dumb. What about that person down in sou Cal that lost control at 100 mph, flew off the freeway and landed on the tracks. Train shows up and POW!!!! He's dead. How much training did he have? 100 grand insurance ain't goin' to cover that mess!!! And just like the follow up thread asked ...guess the family will file a lawsuit blaming the train for killing him. How much training does it take to get a CDL? A hell of alot more than it takes to get a drivers licence. But don't worry....the gov is going to regulate us out of business within the next 10 years. Just more stack trains for all you foamers out there.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Amtrak train collides with truck in Mississippi. Cha! Ching! goes the tax money 09-10-2013 - 15:06
  How much education and insurance must a truck have ??? 09-11-2013 - 07:55
  Re: How much education and insurance must a truck have Kcjonz 09-11-2013 - 17:40
  Lets not forget Glendale Ca. Blood Boiling! 09-12-2013 - 11:35
  Re: How much education and insurance must a truck have MJR 09-11-2013 - 18:03

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com