Re: How much education and insurance must a truck have
Author: MJR
Date: 09-11-2013 - 18:03

To answer your question, I have been a commercial class A driver in the state of California for 11 yrs. I am more or less self taught with the help and advice of a couple of veteren drivers. I had been a class B (any single vehicle) prior to that so I new gears and air brakes. When I went to the DMV and applied for class A, the subject of "education" never came up. They just wanted to see that I knew what I was doing. Truck driving school might have benifited me,but at $3K to $5K I think I did alright. As in any profession, experience is the best teacher. That and good judgment. As far as insurance, all I can tell you is what I was told, that to insure a driver under the age of 25 is about $15k a year and 25 and up is $5k. Complacency was probably the root cause of this accident, as is the cause of most industial accidents.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Amtrak train collides with truck in Mississippi. Cha! Ching! goes the tax money 09-10-2013 - 15:06
  How much education and insurance must a truck have ??? 09-11-2013 - 07:55
  Re: How much education and insurance must a truck have Kcjonz 09-11-2013 - 17:40
  Lets not forget Glendale Ca. Blood Boiling! 09-12-2013 - 11:35
  Re: How much education and insurance must a truck have MJR 09-11-2013 - 18:03

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com