Re: Current service levels on the Coast Starlight
Author: Sgt. Joe Friday
Date: 09-02-2014 - 19:07

My wife and I will be taking the SB Starlight from SEA on Friday 9/12 to LA, connecting train to Irvine. If it's on time, we'll be home by midnight Saturday.

We last took the Starlight in 2008, northbound to PDX. Other than being 1-1/2 hour late arriving, it was a terrific trip. The Pacific Parlour cars were newly refurbished, there was afternoon wine tasting, and there was even an on-board supervisor as a sort of concierge, who solicited passenger suggestions and generally saw to it that the sleeping car passengers were satisfied. I confined myself to our sleeping car, the dining car, and the parlor car, so I don't know if he was also charged with looking after the chair cars as well.

I've heard the afternoon wine tastings are no longer on offer, so we'll have to go BYOB, I suppose.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Current service levels on the Coast Starlight DCA 09-02-2014 - 12:51
  Re: Current service levels on the Coast Starlight david vartanoff 09-02-2014 - 13:14
  Re: Current service levels on the Coast Starlight mook 09-02-2014 - 14:14
  Re: Current service levels on the Coast Starlight Sgt. Joe Friday 09-02-2014 - 19:07
  Re: Current service levels on the Coast Starlight George Andrews 09-02-2014 - 19:51
  Re: Current service levels on the Coast Starlight Drew Wilson 09-03-2014 - 09:07

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com