Re: Trainhaters Anonymous 12 Srep Program for TRAC?
Author: BOB2
Date: 11-12-2014 - 06:41

Bob R,

The latest unsubstantiated rants and conspiracy theories from the new TRAC business manager, have caused me to take back all of the nice things I said about him.

There is plenty wrong with the CHSRA and its project. But, the comments and "charges", that were made in his recent editorial "rants", have so undermined TRAC's effectiveness, that they fall under the category of loony tunes......

As you know, I have worked hard for several years to get several key local Republicans "on-board", and have had some success in trying to get them to see potential benefits for a rail project that would meet real transportation needs in Sou Cal. But, in one piece this guy was able to piss off everybody, to no real end, and was able to allow Jeff Morales to hand him his head on a plate, with his response.

TRAC will have no remaining credibility as long as this "advocacy" group is crewed by folks who make, but can't substantiate, charges of conspiracy theories and tales of corruption, but can't offer sensible alternatives, by working effectively with those of differing views on either end of the political spectrum to create meaningful changes.

Don't get me wrong, the system is seriously screwed up and it needs to be fixed. That goes double for CHSRA and the current project. It's just my strange belief that not much is going to be fixed by folks acting like loons, pulling stuff out of their butts, without regard for the consequences to their own credibility. But, maybe it's because I'm old, and that's just what experience has taught me.

The Chinese connection is troubling at CHSRA, as well. As there is so much potential for corruption, like collusion, bid rigging, and contract steering. But, until there is proof of that, maybe this rail "advocacy" group should try to build positive coalitions for changing the project and its priorities, by "advocating" better "high speed" investments, that are needed, like the Union Station run through project, that creates real benefits?

Just a thought.......

Bob2

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Mexican iteration of PB-LAHSR synonymouse 11-10-2014 - 09:35
  Real Reason Si 11-10-2014 - 11:31
  Re: Mexican iteration of PB-LAHSR thirdrail 11-10-2014 - 14:14
  Take a Deep Breath ... mook 11-10-2014 - 15:16
  Re: Take a Deep Breath ... synonymouse 11-10-2014 - 18:25
  Re: Take a Deep Breath ... Sumotuwe 11-10-2014 - 19:23
  Re: Trainhaters Anonymous Might Help? BOB2 11-10-2014 - 20:37
  Re: Trainhaters Anonymous Might Help? synonymouse 11-10-2014 - 21:40
  Re: Trainhaters Anonymous Might Help? Sumotuwe 11-11-2014 - 17:47
  Re: Trainhaters Anonymous Might Help? BOB R 11-11-2014 - 21:36
  Re: Trainhaters Anonymous 12 Srep Program for TRAC? BOB2 11-12-2014 - 06:41
  Re: Trainhaters Anonymous 12 Srep Program for TRAC? mook 11-12-2014 - 08:45
  Re: Trainhaters Anonymous 12 Srep Program for TRAC? synonymouse 11-12-2014 - 11:47
  Re: Trainhaters Anonymous 12 Srep Program for TRAC? BOB2 11-12-2014 - 15:15
  Re: Mexican iteration of PB-LAHSR synonymouse 11-11-2014 - 22:05

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com