Re: Scanner choice
Author: Wizard
Date: 03-02-2008 - 17:44

I had at one time a RS-92 and when I bought a Uniden BC72XLT, I've found it to be just a little bit better in reception to that of my old RS model when using both the rubber antenna and the vehicle mag mount antenna model from Railcom that was sometimes used with an signal amplifier that works on either it's 9 volt battery or from the vehicle's 12 volt power supply that is used when the DS mountain top towers are far away. Then I found one of their BC350C's on sale really dirt cheap and when I had it connected to my Railcom mag mount antenna despite using a spliter so that both the BC350 & the BC72 could both be used, I found the reception pretty damn good.

It's my opinion that just like those SEARS refrigerators, freezers and other kitchen/home equipment made for them by the RCA/Whirlpool Co., the performance of the Uniden brand is just a little bit better than the RS models only because I believe that like the SEARS stuff, you're not always getting the same quailty & performance for a product slightly less in cost as opposed to buying a RCA or a Whirlpool piece of equipment. While both the store & factory brands do look the same pretty much, I think buying a Uniden gets one more bang for the buck in my opinion !

At least from my end, this is what I have found when I find the time to get out and railfan.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Scanner choice Charles Stookey 03-01-2008 - 14:49
  Re: Scanner choice SDP45 03-01-2008 - 16:21
  Re: Scanner choice Carol L. Voss 03-01-2008 - 16:46
  Re: Scanner choice Tom Farence 03-01-2008 - 17:21
  Re: Scanner choice P.Kepler 03-01-2008 - 21:48
  Re: Scanner choice jackie 03-16-2008 - 13:46
  Re: Scanner choice Jackie 03-16-2008 - 13:48
  Re: Scanner choice Santa Cruz Chuck 03-02-2008 - 17:11
  Re: Scanner choice Wizard 03-02-2008 - 17:44
  Re: Scanner choice OC 03-03-2008 - 13:52

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com