Re: The Problem is not that I we all just don't understand....?
Author: BOB2
Date: 01-25-2016 - 09:07

Mook,

Nice try, I understand just fine, I've spent nearly 20 years staffing and following the CHSRA fiasco. There is no plan to meet real CA needs, there never has been, it's just a vision by Quentin Kopp, to build an SFO to LA market based system to alleviate the purported "looming" "aviation crisis" which has never occurred, and never will.

As a "compromise" the HSR was routed via the Valley, where there is real demand to LA and SFO. This resulted in a much longer route, but more sensible service to the Valley, but that is still stuck with a requirement to make a 2 hour and 40 minute trip. This makes it unaffordable, as well as failing to meet the real needs of both markets, and unable to meet the "voter mandated" SFO-LA trip time requirement.

Now, due to years and millions of dollars wasted on utterly incompetent planning, by an army of drones, this has become a giant contracting racket, run by an incompetent and even openly conflicted Board, with only "token" oversight to pretend to protect the voters, taxpayers, or our elected legislature. And, what could possibly go wrong with that?

Pacheco may or may not be a good decision, but I doubt it. Since none of the other decisions ever met any needs based planning requirement, why should that. Real estate interests not travel needs dictated Pacheco, which is costlier and serve no real travel demand needs in the Valley.

I do strongly support investing in rail passenger systems to serve CA's very real travel needs in our overloaded corridor into and out of our major urban centers. I have spent a career pursuing this worthwhile goal. Rail service on LOSSAN, the San Joaquin, and the Capitol corridors, on Coaster, Metrolink, Caltrain and ACE have been among the most successful regional rail investments, and show that demand for quality rail passenger service.

CHSRA, as it is currently being mismanaged, is not a vitally needed but "misunderstood" transportation project, it is nothing but an insiders political contracting racket, and from day one, it has never been anything else.

So, I am personally done making any excuses for this fiasco...... It has, thus far, been a complete waste of our limited rail resources that should be spent on our long list of unfunded local rail corridor projects, that were properly planned and prioritized based upon clearly identified public benefits and merit, not conjured up simply to meet Quentin Kopp's visions of theft and graft for a group of politically wired contractors......

The CHSRA is bull$#it, it's a racket, it's a giant contracting trough, without regard to the public good, or to public needs, and it shows.

BOB2

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Bullet train's first segment -- Bay Area? chico 01-23-2016 - 13:26
  Re: Bullet train's first segment -- Bay Area? chico 01-23-2016 - 14:05
  Re: Bullet train's first segment -- Bay Area? BOB2 01-23-2016 - 19:01
  Re: Bullet train's first segment -- Bay Area? Bob 01-23-2016 - 19:04
  Re: Bullet train's first segment -- Bay Area? Boberama 01-23-2016 - 19:27
  Re: Bullet train's first segment -- Bay Area? clipper841 01-23-2016 - 19:42
  Re: Bullet train's first segment -- Bay Area? Commenter 01-23-2016 - 20:26
  Re: Bullet train's first segment -- Bay Area? HUTCH 7.62 01-23-2016 - 20:43
  Re: Bullet train's first segment -- Bay Area? Commenter 01-23-2016 - 22:14
  Re: Bullet train's first segment -- Bay Area? BOB2 01-24-2016 - 10:23
  Re: More proof of failed rail advocacy in CA? BOB2 01-24-2016 - 13:07
  Re: More proof of failed rail advocacy in CA? synonymouse 01-24-2016 - 21:22
  Re: More proof of failed rail advocacy in CA? mook 01-25-2016 - 08:13
  Re: The Problem is not that I we all just don't understand....? BOB2 01-25-2016 - 09:07
  Re: The Problem is not that I we all just don't understand....? M. Harris 01-25-2016 - 17:53
  Re: More proof of failed rail advocacy in CA? mook 01-25-2016 - 13:19
  Re: More proof of failed rail advocacy in CA? Ed Workman 01-26-2016 - 07:49

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com