Re: Tanker overturns on the I-10 in Fontana, What about the UP?
Author: jst3751
Date: 02-05-2016 - 10:21

A.S.C. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With the way that certain people are driving and
> crashing today. I really do think it's time to
> drop the speed limit back down to 55 miles per
> hour. And keep dropping the speed limit down until
> these people get the concept of how to drive a
> motor vehicle safely. That goes for all freeways
> highways and surface streets as well.

The speed limit is only valid if it is obeyed and enforced. 75% or more of the car drivers on Southern California freeways disobey the speed limit if the flow of traffic allows. 75% or more of truck drivers hauling local drayage containers on Southern California freeways disobey the speed limit if the flow of traffic allows. 100% of bus drivers on Southern California freeways disobey the speed limit if the flow of traffic allows.

How is lowering the speed limit going to solve that problem?

The ratio of traffic enforcement officers actively enforcing traffic laws to the amount of vehicles on the freeways is extremely less today than it was decades ago. Hence, people do what they can get away with.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Tanker overturns on the I-10 in Fontana, What about the UP? New at Noon 02-05-2016 - 07:05
  Re: Tanker overturns on the I-10 in Fontana, What about the UP? George Andrews 02-05-2016 - 07:59
  Re: Tanker overturns on the I-10 in Fontana, What about the UP? A.S.C. 02-05-2016 - 08:48
  Re: Tanker overturns on the I-10 in Fontana, What about the UP? jst3751 02-05-2016 - 10:21
  Re: Tanker overturns on the I-10 in Fontana, What about the UP? mreek 02-05-2016 - 10:30
  Re: Tanker overturns on the I-10 in Fontana, What about the UP? Edward 02-05-2016 - 10:40
  Re: Tanker overturns-What about the UP? BOB2 02-05-2016 - 10:46
  Re: Tanker overturns-What about the UP? New at Noon 02-05-2016 - 12:20
  Re: Tanker overturns on the I-10 in Fontana, What about the UP? New at Noon 02-05-2016 - 12:25
  Re: Tanker overturns on the I-10 in Fontana, What about the UP? JoelM 02-05-2016 - 20:50

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com