Re: Hyperloop firm shows off the magnetic tech that will help it move at 760 mph
Author: BOB2
Date: 05-09-2016 - 14:17

Mook,

Average is actually pretty high level math for most journalism majors. You don't really expect graduates in journalism to actually have to pass calculus, to calculate the actual time from the acceleration curve, do you?

As to acceleration issues, I have a good friend who was project manager on Pisano's MagLev dreams, now happily retired, who, when he heard about hyperloop a few years ago, suggested the use of G suits, for at least the more elderly passengers.

You forgot another part of the calculation, that I can't quite make sense of. How big are these "pods" and how many passengers do they hold, and how often are you "firing" them down the tube?

I've hear claims of this leaving every 10 or 15 minutes, and some really high claims of well over one hundred thousand passenger per day. So, at that interval, each of these so-called "pods" would have to carry an awful lot of people....? So I even have some real basic questions about the capacity assumptions.....?

Given this issue, the separation problem, the issues of stops, which makes the seperatons problem more difficult, the issues of loading and discharging passengers at the terminus, and at any mid points....it might have to achieve maximum speeds way over 1000 mph. to achieve an actual 1/2 hour travel time.

But hey, aren't those just stupid details......? Pisano one paid me the highest compliment that his brand of arrogance could ever permit, when he derisively told me one day, that I worried too much about the "details"..... Which is, of course, just one of the many reasons that we are actively in the process of building his Maglev "vision" today.

LOL's

BOB2

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Hyperloop firm shows off the magnetic tech that will help it move at 760 mph News at Noon 05-09-2016 - 08:46
  Re: Hyperloop firm shows off the magnetic tech that will help it move at 760 mph BOB2 05-09-2016 - 10:04
  Re: Hyperloop firm shows off the magnetic tech that will help it move at 760 mph mook 05-09-2016 - 13:28
  Re: Hyperloop firm shows off the magnetic tech that will help it move at 760 mph BOB2 05-09-2016 - 14:17
  Re: Hyperloop firm shows off the magnetic tech that will help it move at 760 mph Max Wyss 05-09-2016 - 16:39
  Re: Hyperloop firm shows off the magnetic tech that will help it move at 760 mph DesertDon 05-09-2016 - 18:06
  Re: Hyperloop firm shows off the magnetic tech that will help it move at 760 mph mook 05-09-2016 - 21:16
  Re: Hyperloop -- This "emperor" has no clothes on Margaret (SP fan) 05-10-2016 - 14:21
  Re: Hyperloop -- This "emperor" has no clothes on Ba-Woosh! 05-10-2016 - 14:33
  Re: Hyperloop -- This "emperor" has no clothes on mook 05-10-2016 - 14:58
  Re: Hyperloop -- This "emperor" has different.......problems? BOB2 05-10-2016 - 20:49

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com