Re: CNN....? Have you actually seen the time series wind availability maps for the US?
Author: BOB2
Date: 09-01-2016 - 09:38

CNN. give me a break......

It's all fed into the same frickin' grid, ain't it. And, the case of the Pasadena peak imbalanced peak load problem is an example of where there is no peak reliability issue, whatsoever in July, August, and September.

Since, I've met Boone, and have seen his wind pattern maps of the US, and I've also seen the solar "availability" by hour by day maps of the US, I'm just not convinced that we're in an "inherently" less "reliable" for this than is the case in Spain, or even Germany..... But, I am becoming firmly convinced that we are, unfortunately, 43rd in the world, in basic math and science knowledge, especially when I watch our media cover these matters.

Our typical media discussion involves bull$#hit from global warming "deniers" versus hippy dippy "we should all walk to the super market, cause the "evil" car is destroying the planet" nonsense from true believers, or paid pitchmen. Mostly folks, who, if were were to actually follow there "policies" would have us drown in the Everglades, or freeze to death the light off, for "balance")

Meanwhile, since this is a train site, take pictures of those coal trains while you still can, this traffic will be 90% gone altogether in 20 years, from the increasing rate per capita electrical consumption efficiency, and the natural gas price difference alone.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  California blocks state funds for coal terminals The Odd Duck 08-30-2016 - 02:07
  Re: California blocks state funds for coal terminals Gota Love That Moonbeam! 08-30-2016 - 09:24
  Re: California blocks state funds for coal terminals-Tweedle Dumb versus Tweedle Dumber? BOB2 08-30-2016 - 09:42
  Re: California blocks state funds for coal terminals-Tweedle Dumb versus Tweedle Dumber? Colin Kaepernick's Jockstrap 08-30-2016 - 09:51
  Re: California blocks state funds for coal terminals Hogger 08-30-2016 - 10:39
  Re: California blocks state funds for coal terminals-Tweedle Dumb versus Tweedle Dumber? BOB2 08-30-2016 - 11:17
  Re: California blocks state funds for coal terminals-Tweedle Dumb versus Tweedle Dumber? Norm Schultze 08-31-2016 - 13:14
  Bob2 Kill A Watt 09-01-2016 - 08:34
  Re: CNN....? Have you actually seen the time series wind availability maps for the US? BOB2 09-01-2016 - 09:38
  Re: CNN....? Have you actually seen the time series wind availability maps for the US? mook 09-02-2016 - 10:59
  Re: No, but we do have a pretty complete and redundant western electrical grid, so everything is gonna be okay BOB2 09-02-2016 - 12:19
  Re: No, but we do have a pretty complete and redundant western electrical grid, so everything is gonna be okay mook 09-02-2016 - 13:16

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com