Re: The "Spirit of California" and Hours of Service/Crew change point
Author: Espee99
Date: 05-26-2017 - 17:44

I rode that train over 50 times during its life. I remember that the train crew the same guys with two crews from LA-SLO, SLO-OAK. When the train arrived in Oak they changed crews for the SAC run but that is where I got off so couldn't comment on that crew.

It also seemed that when the Medfly ended some of the guys worked the Starlight. I used to spend time with John Guard and old man Hadley three or four times a month learning a lot about the RR south of SLO.

I seem to remember that the crew consisted of Conductor, Brakeman and Baggage man. I seem to remember the baggage man worked from LA to OAK but it was a long time ago.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  The "Spirit of California" and Hours of Service/Crew change point Dragoman 05-26-2017 - 07:59
  Re: The "Spirit of California" and Hours of Service/Crew change point BOB2 05-26-2017 - 08:31
  Re: The "Spirit of California" and Hours of Service/Crew change point OPRRMS 05-26-2017 - 12:00
  Re: The "Spirit of California" and Hours of Service/Crew change point Nudge 05-26-2017 - 12:34
  Re: The "Spirit of California" and Hours of Service/Crew change point Dragoman 05-26-2017 - 13:33
  Re: The "Spirit of California" and Hours of Service/Crew change point Baxter Ward 05-26-2017 - 14:35
  Re: The "Spirit of California" and Hours of Service/Crew change point Espee99 05-26-2017 - 17:44
  Re: The "Spirit of California" and Hours of Service/Crew change point Dr Zarkoff 05-26-2017 - 21:36

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com