Re: Anticipated passenger trains to Salinas-or PHX, or the subject of "clay pigeons"
Author: BOB2
Date: 06-21-2017 - 07:10

OT, but, based on (needless to say for secrecy) purportedly leaked, but "unconfirmed" news reports, of what the F-18 pilots did to them during operational tests in mock air to air combat....... And so, that should be taken with some circumspection. Although at the cost of these things, I sure hope it's not true......

Other notable and actually "confirmed" "clay pigeons" in the history of aviation warfare would include the British Fairy Battle low level "precision" bomber used very unsuccessfully against the Germans in the Battle of France in 1940 (every single plane lost on one mission to German AA fire).

Or maybe more recently, the American Apache gunships, used for low level ground attack in Gulf War Two. Which on there only massed attack combat mission behind enemy lines, left every chopper either shot down, or so damaged that they were effectively written off. Flying low and/or slow against modern anti aircraft weapons is hazardous to pilots and crews, and also can be a big waste of taxpayer dollars.

Meanwhile, given the post is about Capitols to Salinas, and regarding the other post on reopening PHS to Yuma, both of which are actual RR topics, I guess that hope springs eternal.... But, I'll believe it, when I actually see a budget line item that's been passed by the State or Federal "gubmint" to actually pay for it, and the work needed is finally being done........

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Anticipated passenger trains to Salinas?? curious II 06-20-2017 - 22:09
  Re: Anticipated passenger trains to Salinas?? BOB2 06-20-2017 - 22:33
  Re: Anticipated passenger trains to Salinas?? The Odd Duck 06-21-2017 - 01:52
  Re: Anticipated passenger trains to Salinas?? Cprr 06-21-2017 - 06:36
  Re: Anticipated passenger trains to Salinas?? Carol L Voss 06-21-2017 - 06:55
  Re: Anticipated passenger trains to Salinas?? Jon 06-22-2017 - 10:34
  Re: Anticipated passenger trains to Salinas-or PHX, or the subject of "clay pigeons" BOB2 06-21-2017 - 07:10
  Re: Anticipated passenger trains to Salinas-or PHX, or the subject of "clay pigeons" J Steinbeck 06-21-2017 - 09:21
  Re: Anticipated passenger trains to Salinas-or PHX, or the subject of "clay pigeons" BOB R 06-21-2017 - 10:28
  Re: Anticipated passenger trains to Salinas-or PHX, or the subject of "clay pigeons" AWG-9 06-21-2017 - 12:07
  Re: I'd Fly with BobR, he knows what learning curve really means BOB2 06-21-2017 - 12:18
  Re: Anticipated passenger trains to Salinas-or PHX, or the subject of "clay pigeons" Amen! 06-21-2017 - 17:25
  Re: Anticipated passenger trains to Salinas- some facts Espee99 06-22-2017 - 16:30
  Re: Anticipated passenger trains to Salinas?? Bob 06-21-2017 - 15:38

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com