Re: Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho Portland Cement & Navy Submarines
Author: Dale Jones
Date: 02-19-2018 - 19:39

Thanks Bruce,

Without being hypercritical - I have noticed a few statements in the Clive Carter Spokane International book that appear to be perhaps...

I realize the importance of being as historically and operationally accurate as possible. In my research and with assistance of multiple sources - I have discovered that what may have been assumed as factual may be somewhat colored.

Without getting into too much detail - one thing I have found from access to original Larry Shawver 8x10 prints,is many images attributed to him were in fact taken by other photographers, this is one item that needs to be corrected for the record... Larry wrote detailed captions and credits on the back of each print. I do not propose that my book will be perfect, but hopefully, I will be able to present a book with a fresh prospective unhindered by previous writings.

Talk to ya later,
Dale Jones

BTW - Bruce... any Grand Junction - CDA photos you would like to contribute to the book?
If interested - please respond...as always, a complimentary book and credit for any images used in the book
[www.railroads-of-montana.com]

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho Portland Cement & Navy Submarines Dale Jones 02-18-2018 - 16:16
  Re: Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho Portland Cement & Navy Submarines Chris F 02-18-2018 - 17:49
  Re: Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho Portland Cement & Navy Submarines S. Thomas 02-18-2018 - 18:38
  Re: Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho Portland Cement & Navy Submarines Dale Jones 02-19-2018 - 05:07
  Re: Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho Portland Cement & Navy Submarines Bruce Kelly 02-19-2018 - 05:40
  Re: Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho Portland Cement & Navy Submarines Dale Jones 02-19-2018 - 19:39
  Re: Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho Portland Cement & Navy Submarines up833 02-20-2018 - 10:05
  Re: Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho Portland Cement & Navy Submarines Blueback 02-20-2018 - 14:01

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com