> conservative Republicans that started Trinity Rail
> Express in Texas? The brand new Texrail? Tarrant
> County, Texas is still GOP controlled. The GOP
> governors that continued development and expansion
> of NCDOT's Piedmont? The list goes on, but you
> get the idea. (Actually, being a lib, it's
> probably in one ear and out another, the lying
> talking points will continue to be spouted without
> regard to reality. Cuz Orange Man bad!

I'm well aware of some conservatives' support for mass transit. If you had any reading comprehension abilities, you will note that I used "right-wing conservatives" since I believe that opposition to transit funding is not just "conservative" but radical right.

That said, my generalization still stands.

The Chairman of the so-called Freedom Caucus, North Carolina Congressman Mark Meadows slammed inclusion of the Gateway Tunnel project in a government funding bill.

(While the Gateway Tunnel is an Amtrak facility, it commuter trains serving a regional mass transit market also use it).

Pennsylvania State Representative Darryl Metcalfesaid:

Funding for SEPTA and other public transit is “subsidizing a minority of our population’s bus fare, which is just more welfare,”

Minnesota Congresswoman and Presidential Candidate Michelle Bachmann said of liberals:

“This is their agenda—I know it’s hard to believe, it’s hard to fathom, but this is ‘Mission Accomplished’ for them,” she said of congressional Democrats. “They want Americans to take transit and move to the inner cities. They want Americans to move to the urban core, live in tenements, [and] take light rail to their government jobs.

Senator and Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz included the Federal Transit New Starts program in his list of 25 programs he would eliminate if elected president.

The Heritage Foundation calls for eliminating the Federal Transit Administration, entirely.

The Koch Brothers and their Americans for Prosperity contributed to the defeat transit improvement measures in Wichita, Little Rock, Salt Lake City and Nashville. Americans for Prosperity also got the Indiana legislature to enact a measure prohibiting Indianapolis from even considering light rail transit.

In case you think the examples I list are outliers, the 2016 Republican Party Platform states on the bottom of page 5 – “We propose to phase out the federal transit program”

Here's a link to the 2016 GOP Platform.

If you are were not aware of the GOP Platform's statement about federal support for mass transit, it does not speak very well of you.

[prod-cdn-static.gop.com][1]-ben_1468872234.pdf

Now, you [i][/i]tell me which of the above is a "myth."

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Caltrain No. 381 Locomotive Engineer Hit by Thrown Object (link) Railfan Jihad 05-10-2019 - 20:34
  Re: Caltrain No. 381 Locomotive Engineer Hit by Thrown Object (link) Anthony G. 05-11-2019 - 08:39
  Re: Caltrain No. 381 Locomotive Engineer Hit by Thrown Object (link) HUTCH 7.62 05-11-2019 - 09:05
  Let's not lose focus on what's really important Dee Mo Crat 05-11-2019 - 09:08
  Re: Let's not lose focus on what's really important Mun-i-ficent 05-11-2019 - 18:34
  Typical ignorant liberal talking point myths Not a Fake News Lib 05-12-2019 - 09:57
  Re: Typical ignorant liberal talking point myths Kalifornia Uber Alles! 05-12-2019 - 10:33
  I know what I'm talking about Mun-i-ficent 05-12-2019 - 19:09
  Re: Reposting link to GOP Platform Mun-i-ficent 05-12-2019 - 19:12
  Re: Caltrain No. 381 Locomotive Engineer Hit by Thrown Object (link) Dr Zarkoff 05-12-2019 - 22:39
  Let them vote because those good kids were railroaded Dee Mo Crat 05-13-2019 - 07:03
  Re: Let them vote because those good kids were railroaded Dr Zarkoff 05-13-2019 - 10:14
  Re: Let them vote because those good kids were railroaded Mun-i-ficent 05-13-2019 - 19:27

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com