Re: WSJ Gardner: More Amtrak Corridors- That is an option, but be careful what you ask for....
Author: BOB2
Date: 07-17-2019 - 09:11

Hiring another more cost effective operator is an option and allowed under the Rail Act. Just make sure they're more qualified than Veolia proved to be, when their incompetence, mismanagement, and failure to supervise resulted in killing all of those folks at Chatsworth.....

Our experience with the base of older experienced operating management on LOSSAN, that I used to work with, was better, on a some critical things like crew testing, discipline, training, and the like.

Although recently, an apparent lack of experience and a safety culture at Amtrak, some probably due to the exodus of baby boom retirements, failing to do effective oversight, training, or testing, was cited in the NTSB report on Nisqually, with the WASHDOT service... So even that minor 'edge" in experienced operational personnel and operational management, that Amtrak once had over French based water companies, also seems to have disappeared.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  WSJ Gardner: More Amtrak Corridors Joe Cullum 07-17-2019 - 04:46
  Re: WSJ Gardner: More Amtrak Corridors- Really...? BOB2 07-17-2019 - 07:43
  Re: WSJ Gardner: More Amtrak Corridors- Really...? J Mann 07-17-2019 - 08:42
  Re: WSJ Gardner: More Amtrak Corridors- That is an option, but be careful what you ask for.... BOB2 07-17-2019 - 09:11
  Re: WSJ Gardner: More Amtrak Corridors- Really...? Oops 07-17-2019 - 09:16
  Re: WSJ Gardner: More Amtrak Corridors- Oops? My Bad? Not Really...? BOB2 07-17-2019 - 09:25
  Someone is mad Amtrak won't hire a perpetually rude, pompous, braggadocious consultant Charlotte (an observer) 07-17-2019 - 09:58
  Re: Someone is mad Amtrak won't hire a perpetually rude, pompous, braggadocious consultant BRENDA 07-17-2019 - 10:11
  Re: Someone is mad Amtrak won't hire a fool like you.... BOB2 07-17-2019 - 11:26
  Re: Someone is mad Amtrak won't hire a perpetually rude, pompous, braggadocious consultant James 07-17-2019 - 11:35
  Re: WSJ Gardner: More Amtrak Corridors- Oops? My Bad? Not Really...? clarify 07-17-2019 - 13:58
  Re: WSJ Gardner: More Amtrak Corridors- Oops? My Bad? Not Really...? George Andrews 07-17-2019 - 19:06

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com